It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Wo Ho Garbage In The Kitchen.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Even though it was only slightly later than my normal time for going to bed last night it was not a restful night. Also because of my having to park the Car on the grass I had set the Alarm just in case so it would be moved after others had gone off to work in the morning but that didn’t matter.

At 8:30 there was a loud knock on our door so I quickly went to answer it ignoring how I looked. I answered to find Pat the Building Maintenance Man asking me to move the Car because the Trash Truck would not pick up the Bin so close to vehicles. The look on his face told me he had never seen anyone wearing a CPAP Mask before. He thanked me for teaching him how to interpret the Parking Tags the other day.

Kathy also heard the knock on the door and was already scrambling to make the bed.??? In less then Five Minutes I was out the door. The Trash Truck had not yet arrived so that was good. From where I had parked to the spot in the parking lot I only shifted the Car in Reverse once then Park before shutting it off.

On the way back into the building I again met Pat who informed me he would be up to fix our Fridge in Ten Minutes. That gave me just enough time to get to our Apartment and transfer Condiments from the Fridge then finally the Freezer into the Towel Lined Laundry Baskets. I’d barely finished when Pat arrived.

Grass is turning green and Trees are budding.

Our other Fridge stopped working on a Sunday Morning in the Middle of January but was immediately replaced by a Left Handed Fridge. When Pat came to change it to a Right Handed Fridge a month ago he found the Hinge Bracket was not Ambidextrous so had to order a new one. Many would think why worry about changing it. Due to the door swinging the wrong way for the last Three Months we’ve had to have our Trash and Recycle Cans in the Livingroom.

Pat was done in Fifteen Minutes then it was our turn to restock the Food in the doors and put the Trash and Recycle Cans back where they belonged in the Kitchen. Both Kathy and I would attempt to open the Fridge from the Left a few times during the day as well as walking into the Livingroom with a handful of Trash. This is going to take getting used to.

I mentioned about a Pain that has been bothering me in my Hip. When I spoke with our Family Doctor’s Office the soonest I could get an appointment is Three Weeks out. I booked it anyways after they recommended going to a Walk-In Clinic if the Pain was too much. Looking On-Line I found a Clinic just down the road from where we live.

Not knowing how long we’d be we had Baked Beans on Toast for an early lunch along with a piece of Fruit Cake and a Yogurt Cup for dessert before we left.

It didn’t take long to get there driving from our building. Thankfully our Health Care System has been upgrading for a number of years. That meant by the Receptionist scanning my OHIP Card she was able to bring up my entire file without having me fill out a lengthy questionnaire.

I barely sat down when I was called in. The Doctor listened as I explained what I was feeling and agreed with my assumption of what was happening. He checked for a possible Hernia then recommended having an Ultra Sound to find out for certain.

Unfortunately the X-Ray Department at this Clinic didn’t do Ultra Sounds but using their On-Line Resources were able to book me in as early as Friday Morning at a nearby location.

We stopped at the nearby Dollarama to pass a bit more time away from the sounds of the Electric Jackhammers outside our building. Thankfully that is a smaller store but by the time we returned to our Apartment the Pain was again excruciating. That was a Double Tylenol Pain.

The 6 o’clock Local News they reported a Few More Active Coronavirus Cases for the Windsor/Essex Region but didn’t specify the amount. They also spoke of the upcoming Provincial Election as well as the Russian Invasion of Ukraine.

The Weather Network showed we reached a high of 39 F (4 C) today.

For supper we had a Store Bought Medium Thin Crust Bacon Pizza.

We could hear noise in the parking lot so we watched as a Towing Service was removing Cars without the Parking Tags hanging from their mirrors. It seems people from other buildings have been using our lot for some time and with the Construction going on tenants are left without. Imagine the looks on their faces when they find their Vehicles missing.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Each moment in time we have it all, even when we think we don’t.

Melody Beattie, American author

4 comments:

  1. Found my car missing once. It had been stolen. Not fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on garbage in the kitchen LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you were able to go to the doctor and to have an ultrasound scheduled so soon...you are lucky...the wait here is weeks, or we have to drive to San Antonio, Texas, a city three hours away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Didn't know you'd been having significant pain. And on looking back I can't find that you even mentioned it! Well, I suspect you wouldn't have. Hope they get it figured out and it is something easy to take care of.

    ReplyDelete