It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, April 22, 2022

Missing Relative, Construction Continues and More Applications.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

As I was changing into my workout clothes at 5:30 this morning at Planet Fitness I began talking with another member. We started talking about where we worked before Retirement. Then when I said my last name Eugene replied “So is mine”. Then I spelled it for him and he replied “So is mine”. Then he mentioned that his parents grew up in the River Canard area and I replied “So did mine”. We started talking of different family members. This was a cousin that I did not know existed.

Growing up for Thirty Years of my life there was a Family Reunion that took place on my Mother’s side of the Family so I knew hundreds of my relatives. The problem was that on my Father’s side of the Family the only cousins I met were from my Father’s brothers and sisters families. Both my parents were from families of Seven Children and their parents were from families of Seven Children. That means there are a lot of cousins nearby that I do not know.

Heading our separate ways I managed to spend the next Three Hours exercising. Due to a Bad Knee Eugene was only there for Two Hours. We’ll talk again soon.

When I got back to our building I had to wait to park the Car as the Contractors were already busy tearing up more Asphalt from the parking lot. Surprisingly the car that had taken my spot last night was just leaving so our Car and Truck are once again parked next to the other.

In the Apartment Kathy was finishing her chores. She said the Contractors had started making noise at 7:30 causing her to wake up. We had Toast for breakfast.

On the Computers the Job Ads did not start appearing until noon. By the time of this posting I have submitted Five Job Applications today alone.

For lunch we had a Greek Pasta Salad along with a slice of Lemon Meringue Pie for dessert.

Even thought it was cooler today then yesterday Kathy was able to watch the progress being made from a birds eye view. We received a Notice today that the work will be expanding to other parts of the lot tomorrow so there will be less parking available. That will not make people very happy.

The 6 o’clock Local News reported 27 Active Coronavirus Cases in the Windsor/Essex Region. Even though the Mask Mandates have been lifted in Ontario the Provincial Government is telling people to watch the Coronavirus Case Numbers and if they feel like wearing the Mask to do so.

The Weather Network showed we reached 54 F (12 C). We’ll see Rain overnight and Summer-Like Temperatures for the weekend before we again cool down.

Since we weren’t feeling too hungry earlier we waited until the News was started to begin making supper. Not wanting food in the Fridge to spoil I made a Stir-Fry of Carrots, Onions and Peppers then added the Leftover Chicken for protein. We finished the Lemon Meringue Pie for dessert. That made space in the Refrigerator.

Not sure what we’ll be up to tomorrow but we’ll try to make it interesting.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You know you’re RV trash when you “found” most of your RV accessories “just lyin’ around” at different campgrounds.

6 comments:

  1. You would think that the parking lot would be done in sections, to accommodate the parking. Hopefully that is what they will do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to discover "kin" you never knew you had.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool that you found a relative. I do hope you keep in touch. Leonard was from Louisiana. He was in California on a shop. Went to a bar to dance(before he met me). The band went on break and one of the members came and sat at his table. Long story short..... their grandparents on his fathers side were siblings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to find a relative we did not know about especially at this time of our lives. Hope you keep in contact and hopefully meet more kinfolk through him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunned by the number of hours you put in each day with organized exercising...and you keep it up. Whew. Good luck with all those job applications!

    ReplyDelete