It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, April 9, 2022

They Did It Again, Lower Fuel Prices and Talking About Fulltiming.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

With the problems we had with the Medical Appointments yesterday we were happy the day ended. Kathy had an Apple before 8:00 last night so she could easily do her Twelve Hour Fast. I just ate some Popcorn. She was in bed by 10:00 and spent most of the night tossing. I went to bed after publishing the Blog after 11:00 and woke up once. I was up before 8:00 and Kathy slept until nearly 9:00 in order to get the rest she needed.

It was slightly after 9:30 when we got to Dyna-Care laboratory where the Windsor Heart Institute had indicated to us they had sent Kathy’s Workup Sheet to. Even after yesterday’s fiasco we had faith that they got it right this time. Gone are the days when they give you a printed Sheet that you can hand into the lab yourself. After sitting for a Half Hour the Receptionist called for Kathy. She could not find anything for her Blood Work. I immediately called the Institute explaining the problem. (I was surprised they were open on a Saturday.) I was told they would resend it immediately.

Another Half Hour passed and the Receptionist said she still didn’t have the paperwork so I gave her the Phone Number I called. She spoke to the Institute who assured her they had sent the Sheet to them. Another Half Hour with nothing yet Kathy stayed while I drove to the Institute. By running up the stairs I probably had a wild look in my eyes but presented my case in a calm manner. That’s when she said I just sent it. I reminded her Kathy had been fasting according to their instructions and is a Diabetic that the Sheet should have been sent before. I also insisted on a Hard Copy before leaving in case the other had not made it.

I calmed myself as I drove back to Dyna-Care. I just finished parking when I spotted Kathy outside trying to call me to say they were finished. The next time she has to deal with the Heart Institute they’ll be sending us all the paperwork in the Mail ahead of time.

We used a Coupon at McDonald’s for our breakfast while everyone around us was having lunch.

I had gotten a call that the Mudflaps I had a Rain-Cheque for had arrived at Princess Auto so we went to pick them up. We also walked around Micheal’s which was right next door. It has really changed since we used to frequent that store in our former life.

We swung by Guardian Storage to check our Mail before heading for home. Seeing the price of gasoline at Pioneer gas station was down to $1.646/Litre ($6.378/Gallon) we stopped to fill up. That was Thirty Cents/Litre cheaper then our last fill up so before it goes back up we took advantage of it.

We headed for home where I dropped Kathy at the front door so she could do things while I parked the Car and transferred the Mudflaps to the Truck. In the Apartment we sat for a short while before heading out the door again.

Taking the Truck as we headed for the Pioneer gas station I noted that the price of Diesel was cheaper at the Circle K station down the road so that’s where we went. I also collected points on our Optimum Card as well.

We stopped at Dollarama to pick up a few things to help prolong our food stocks.

It was past 4:30 and breakfast had worn off so we stopped at Arby’s to have supper. We were disappointed that their Fish Sandwiches we recently tried had been discontinued so we ordered their Greek Gyros instead. They filled us so much we needed to do more walking.

We went to Canadian Tire where I headed to the Tool Department while Kathy went to Home Furnishings. We both found what we were looking for. As we were looking at Plants a young couple started asking us about Plants that they could grow while claiming they both had Brown Thumbs. Then they mention about RVing and we started telling them about Fulltiming. Now that is what they want to do.

Still feeling full we stopped at the Dollarama closest to our place. We only found a snack that we want to try the next time we feel hungry.

The Weather Network showed we reached a high of 41 F (5 C) with more wet weather heading our way this week.

The Truck actually got used for shopping today.

The 6 o’clock Local News reported an increased number of Active Coronavirus Cases for the Province of Ontario and more about the Invasion of Ukraine.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Your mama has more tattoos than you do.

1 comment: