It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Slow Start, Kathy Getting Frustrated and No Parking.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Even though I had slept fairly well last night when the Alarm went off at 5:00 this morning I went through the motion of shutting it off and then I blinked. Suddenly there was an extra Twelve Minutes that appeared on the display. Even though I wished to turn over time was of the essence.

After changing I immediately started sorting Laundry and before I knew it I blinked again watching another Ten Minutes appeared on the Clock. I know it’s part of life and that’s why we try to stretch it to every Two Weeks. Since the New Building Management have taken over when the Washers and Dryers are not all working they don’t fix them. So if you have a lot of Laundry to do it’s either Early or Late.

It was 6:10 when I made it to the Second Floor Laundry Room and used the Two Washers there. Taking the rest down the stairs to the First Floor Laundry Room I again snagged the only Two Workable Washers there.

I barely had enough time to open the Balcony Blinds and check The Weather Network on my Computer before going back downstairs. After getting everything in the Dryers I spent time checking out Job Ads. Just about 7:45 the Contractors started using their Electric Jackhammers in the parking lot. I was just about to head back to start the folding when Kathy got up.

It was past 9:30 before I returned with all the Laundry folded. Because so many Machines are not working properly I had to run Two Loads a second time to everything totally dry.

Our lunch of Split Pea with Ham Soup and Cheese on Crackers we had some of the Pineapple I sliced yesterday for dessert today. Kathy mentioned the need for some shopping for clothes so after checking the Fridge for what groceries we needed we were out the door.

We made a quick stop at Canadian Tire. Kathy found the Place Mats she was looking for just as I found the Tools I was looking for but their Sale Price was far from a deal so they stayed on the shelf.

Our next stop was the Tecumseh Mall where I dropped Kathy off while I parked the Car. The store we used to go to was a victim of the Coronavirus and no longer exists. We tried Marshall’s with no luck. We then drove to Winners again striking out. Kathy was getting frustrated.

We drove to Walker Road where a lot of stores had closed and others took their places. Right next door to Micheal’s was another new Winners. Kathy was about to give up when we left there. I told her to keep the faith. We walked to the new Princess Auto store where I easily found the few Tools on my List.

We drove over to the Roundhouse Center where I dropped Kathy off at Pennington’s. Kathy was so frustrated she was walking aimlessly around the store. When I started helping her looking at different styles and colours she finally started having luck. When we walked out of there at 3:30 she had Three New Tops.

Mother Goose on her Nest.

When I parked the Car I noticed something in the Flowerbed so I pointed it out to Kathy. A Canada Goose had made a nest in a wide open Flowerbed with cars parking on one side and traffic going by on the other.

We had a 5:00 appointment with more shopping to do afterwards. We decided to try the new Chick-fil-A. We’ve enjoyed their food in the US but not here in Windsor so far. We tried their Cobb Salads with a Soft Drink. It was delicious but expensive. We counted it as an early Birthday Celebration for “Just the Two of Us”.

We arrived at Fantastic Sam’s at 4:30 for our appointment. Not seeing any activity we decided to go sit inside. I opened the door so smoothly that nobody heard us go in. We sat for Five Minutes before they realized we were there. Julia soon had us losing our Shaggy Dog looks. We already have our next appointment for June and were walking out at 5:10.

We drove to Dollarama where we picked up a few things from our Grocery List. From there we drove to the Zehr’s grocery store where we spent most of our time in the Produce Section before heading for home.

When we arrived at our building we had to enter the parking lot via the Exit because of the ongoing repairs. There wasn’t a spot available. After loading our Folding Shopping Cart with all our purchases for Kathy to bring upstairs I found a spot along the building to park on the grass. Having other tenants doing the same thing I’m not worried. I’ll simply be up early enough to snag a spot when someone else goes to work.

To say our Fridge is full is now an Understatement.

After reading a Blog this evening I think I need to see our Family Doctor. He might have the answer to some of my recent Muscle Pain.

The Weather Network showed Windsor only reached a high of 45 F (7 C) today but it will be cooler tomorrow.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Bacon and eggs walk into a bar and order a beer. The bartender says “Sorry we don’t serve breakfast.”

2 comments:

  1. Just checked ... your comment section now looks like mine. Weird. Same thing down here ... no clothing stores with anything worth buying.

    ReplyDelete