It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, April 14, 2022

Gusty Winds, Leftover Lunch and Hurtful Hip.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

After getting up at 5:00 three mornings in a row it felt good just to close my eyes and sleep in. I was surprised at how late it was when I woke and Kathy was up less then Five Minutes later.

Not a Cloud in the sky.

Looking out the Balcony Door the Sun was shining brightly but everyone walking down on the Trail were bundled up for the cold temperatures.

We had cereal for breakfast then taking our morning drinks to the Computers. There were no new Job Ads to apply for but lots of Blogs to read.

Around 10:00 the Clouds started to fill the sky and by 11:00 the Wind was starting to rattle the Balcony Railing.

For lunch we ate the Leftover Stir-Fry that I created last night. It seemed to taste better then it did when it was fresh. We also had the Leftover Peaches for dessert.

As the Wind seemed to get louder we took stock of what we needed for groceries. Considering that this will be the Easter Long Weekend we thought it would be wise to get our shopping done while the shelves in the stores were still stocked and the crowds at a minimum.

Lots of White Caps on the River.

The first place we headed was to Guardian Storage to collect our Mail.

Plenty of Clouds.

As we were heading to the grocery store we go stuck waiting for a slow moving Freight Train. Looking at the Graffiti on many of the cars showed that there is a lot of unused Talent out there. The Camera had dropped to the floor in our Car and I missed taking a picture of a Rail-Car that looked like a Still Life Scenery that could have been used as an ad. It was beautiful.

After a quick stop at Dollarama we headed over to the grocery store. At Zehr’s we finished getting the rest of the things we had on our Shopping List.

With the Wind continuing to blow hard we went to Wendy’s where we used a Coupon for our Chicken Sandwich Meals.

Having kept herself closed in at the Apartment Kathy was not wanting to rush back. We headed over to Canadian Tire where we walked around looking at a number of things but walked out empty handed.

Since I was searching for a Multi Sized Pan Cover we headed over to Walmart. Within minutes we had the Lid I was looking for but kept walking. When I was working Kathy would go to Walmart for her walking exercise. When she did that it was the equivalent to speed walking. I tried keeping up with her today but my bad hip had me knowing I was on a Hard Cement Floor not on the Exercise Equipment that protects me.

When we left the store we made one more stop at the nearby Dollarama. They had the Paring Knives I had been looking for along with a better Water Bottle that I’ll bring to the Gym.

It took nearly an Hour before we got everything put away in the Apartment.

Notice the Wind Gusts.

The Weather Network showed we reached 55 F (13 C) later this afternoon even though the Wind Gusts had it feeling cooler.

The High Winds finally calmed down around 10:00. My hip is throbbing so I don’t know if I’ll make it to the Gym in the morning.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

I played the triangle in a reggae band but I had to quit.

It was just one ting after another.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear your hip is playing up. Is this new?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your hip, sure can ruin a good day! Motrin maybe?

    ReplyDelete