It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Good Interview, Healthy Heals and More Applications.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Not wanting to take the chance that I would be late for my Interview this morning I skipped going to the Gym and even slept until 7:30. This also gave us the chance to relax and talk about what we’d be doing over the next couple of days.

While at the Computer besides submitting Three Job Applications today I also printed out my Resume and Cover Page. My intention was to stop at Staples and make copies so that I might just stop at Fabrication Shops in my travels.

Mary from Healthy Heals was supposed to arrive around 11:30 but called to say she had just been delayed for the second time this morning. She planned on being here between 12:00-12:30 instead.

I took the Truck since my tools were there and immediately found the Battery for my Automatic Welding Shield. Inside Staples the Copier was giving me a problem so the Attendant hit a few buttons and it started right up. The only problem was the copies were coming out on a Landscape Page rather then a Portrait. The Attendant took the originals and copied them behind her desk.

Since I was early I collected the few Tools I thought would be necessary before going in. Even though I was early Gene brought me back to the Welding Bench they used for testing. He knew by the way I handled the equipment that I knew what I was doing and immediately gave me a tour of the shops. Then I met the Manager and Human Resources Representative who had questions to ask. Of course they said they had other Applicants to consider but were impressed with my abilities. (I’ve only been welding since I’m Fourteen so I’ve had practice.)

It started Raining right after I got home.

I headed back to Apartment thinking that Mary would be getting ready to leave but found Kathy there by herself. We were surprised that Mary was past her scheduled time as she is normally very punctual. It was 1:00 when she knocked on our door after being let in by someone leaving downstairs. She had been delayed again after talking to us earlier.

Kathy was having an issue with one of her Toe Nails that I was not able to fix. Having the training and years of experience Mary was able to bring her relief. It was 1:45 by the time she left.

We sat down at 2:00 to have Split Pea with Ham Soup for lunch with Pineapple Shortcake for dessert.

There were more Job Ads that continued to show up throughout the afternoon. Both those I applied for this morning wanted more information.

The 6 o’clock Local News talked about the War in Ukraine and 47 Active Coronavirus Cases for the Windsor/Essex Region. There is another Variant Coronavirus starting to go around.

The Weather Network showed we reached a high of 52 F (11 C) with Rain this afternoon. It will be slightly cooler tomorrow but we’ll see the Sun and no Rain.

We had a Store Bought Thin Crust Medium Meat Lovers Pizza for a late supper along with a Pecan Tart and Yogurt Cup for dessert.

Tomorrow will be a busy day.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

I like to practice my Knock Knock jokes.

I just adoor them.

2 comments:

  1. Yes. Will be hoping to hear it's a place you would like to be and you can be there.

    ReplyDelete