It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, December 12, 2022

Work, Appointment and A Visit.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

After touching base with Mile before starting my shift I only saw him in passing throughout the day. You would figure he’d stick his head around the Welding Curtain, but he didn’t. The one thing I have noticed is that he has been smiling a lot more lately as the backlog of Feedscrews waiting to be processed has been dwindling while more pieces of Stock have been arriving for future orders.

Today I was working on a Rebuild which is a Feedscrew that has been in service for many years but has worn down just enough to cause problems in the manufacturing process. Being a Metric Feedscrew the first thing I did was to take all the measurements, add them to the PTA, then run a test run by taping a pencil to the Torch. Just like the last Metric Feedscrew there were a few adjustments at the start then it followed its instructions.

After the first pass (Two Hours) some of the impurities that had not been properly cleaned showed up in the Weld. That required an extensive amount of Hand Grinding. The next pass had to be done slower (Three Hours) in order to boil out everything that should not have been there.

Using the Micrometer indicated there would be at least another pass needed. Remember how I just wrote the Machine was following instructions. I guess it figured that it had done enough for the day. I started having to constantly adjust it and even reset it twice before packing the Feedscrew in the Sandbox for the night because I had an appointment.

After leaving only Ten Minutes past the end of the shift I met Kathy at a nearby location. This meant she got out of the Apartment and we could talk as we headed to Amherstburg. I arrived with Three Minutes to spare and Adam took me in immediately. An adjustment needed to be made to my new denture that had been torturing me for the last Three Weeks. (It’s strange how you don’t feel those imperfections right away.) Three Minutes later my mouth was feeling much better.

As a test we went to Wendy’s where we used a Coupon for supper. The adjustment worked perfectly and the meal went down easily.

We went over to our son Kevin and daughter-in-law Melissa’s house for a visit. We used to visit every week but haven’t since I started this job. While Kathy and Melissa visited, Kevin and I went out to the Garden Shed we had when living at the RV Park. They allowed us to put it at the back of their lot. Now with the new Storage Unit at Guardian Storage the plan is to empty it out and get rid of the Shed. I got the few things I need at the moment before joining the ladies inside for hot beverages and fun conversation.

Back in Windsor swung around to pick up the Car. Kathy has trouble driving at night so she followed the Truck because it’s hard to miss all lit up at night. We were home by 8:00 but had plenty of things to get ready so I can go to work in the morning.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.

Jean-Jacques Rousseau, Swiss-born philosopher, writer, and political theorist

1 comment:

  1. Nice you got to enjoy some time with Kevin and Melissa! Might Kevin want the shed once you are done with it??

    ReplyDelete