It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, December 19, 2022

I Planned and Storm Heading Our Way.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Without thinking I mistakenly told Mile what I Planned on accomplishing today. (That word.) It only took a few minutes to install the Feedscrew into the PTA but when I looked at it from a distance something looked different.

One of the things that Alec had taught me was to measure the distance between each Flight using a Tape Measure. Before I was finished I had measurements written all over in Soapstone. If I had done that with a Marker, the moment the heat was applied they would have all disappeared.
It was nearly an
Hour later before I started applying the heat to take the chill out of the Tool Steel we were using. During that time I was busy adding Hundreds of numbers because there were Eight Zones of which Five ran consecutively. It would take Three Hours for each pass on just that section that required Two passes. Then there was the Mixer with its Two Zones with Five Starts each.

I mentioned the other day how we are the only Canadian Company with this particular PTA. I also mentioned that it is a cross between a Powder welding process and a TIG welder. Combined as one unit, it puts out more than the other two separately. The one thing it has in common with the TIG is that they both use Argon gas for De-oxidizing the weld and it also helps carry the Arc. Since we are at the Southwestern tip of Ontario we are dependent on our Supplier who comes from Toronto. When Mile asked what was taking so long and I explained it takes Two Cylinders for each of these Screws but I can do Six Screws with a Tank all he could say was really. Then when I told him our Supplier has yet to make our delivery and I only have Two Cylinders left. He practically ran to the Office to call them. The problem was it was past 5:30 when I punched out again.

I picked up Fat Food on the way home that we ate while watching the 6 o’clock Local News. Looks like we are going to get hit with a heavy Sxxwstorm right before Christmas. In this area “Seeing is Believing”.

Kathy was busy running errands today. It also helps with her walking exercise and to help fill the void of my absence. I’m so looking forward to the Holidays.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You know you’re getting old when you send money to PBS.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like we're going to be close to seventy degrees by Christmas. Did you keep your wind mile for the new trailer?
    Don't work to hard and stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He did keep it and is anxious to get it put on!

    ReplyDelete