It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, December 4, 2022

Organizing Started.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

For the second day in a row I was awake well ahead of the time I normally go to work for. There was only one thing I could do to solve that problem. After stepping outside the 25 F (-4 C) Cold Air woke me even more. Then I spent the next Ten Minutes scraping the Frost off the windows.

I was at Planet Fitness and exercising by 6:00 this morning. It had been Eight Days since my last workout and I had been feeling the Aches and Pains. What really was noticeable was there were only Two other people exercising at that time. After I completed my full routine, showered and was heading out the door there were a couple dozen more whipping themselves into shape.

It was only 9:10 when I walked back into the Apartment. Kathy was just in the process of making the bed. She actually slept in this morning. Since she has cut back on what she has for breakfast we each had an Egg Over Easy on Toast to start our day.

Even though I’d done the laundry last week my Coveralls had not been done. Since they don’t get as dirty as they did when I worked for Paul it did not seem to be an issue. Loading all Four Pair in a laundry basket I headed down to the First Floor Laundry Room. There was only one available Washer so I would do them in Two Loads.

Back upstairs I was reading Blogs only to stop to go move the Coveralls around. Again there was only a single Dryer to use. Once it was going I got the rest of the Coveralls into the wash.

Notice how I spend my time waiting in the Apartment? I managed to get more Blogs read until it was time to fold the first Two Pair and stick the ones from the Washer into the Dryer. More reading was accomplished until I returned with the last Two Pair at 12:10.

We had Beef and Potato Soup for lunch along with Cheese on Crackers then topping it off with a piece of Cake for dessert.

After doing up the Dishes we loaded our Folding Shopping Cart with Tools that had started taking up residence in our home. Some were the replacements for those stolen while others had been used here but not returned to the Storage Unit.

It wasn’t long before we arrived at Guardian Storage and parked by our new Storage Unit. After dropping off the items from the Apartment we walked the Hundred Feet to our Climate Controlled Storage Unit. There we loaded both Utility Carts with Tools to bring to the new Unit. It was important to do because they were too heavy for Kathy to move to continue with her downsizing.

We managed to assemble One of the Three Storage Shelves that we intend to use to give us a better way of organizing the unit. Their Boxes were all tied with Nylon Straps that were sealed inside a Clear Plastic Wrap. The first Box we opened had no Assembly Instructions but it was easy to figure out. The last Two did have the Instructions and even suggested using Tools for the assembly.

The high temperature was only 37 F (3 C) this afternoon but when the Sun started to get lower in a matter of moments it dropped to the Freezing Mark. Almost instantly Kathy felt chilled to the bone and we closed up for the day.

We stopped at Wendy’s where we used coupons for our supper. Kathy opted to have a Hot Coffee rather then a Frosty in an effort to warm up.

At the Apartment she waited until the 6 o’clock Local News was over to take a Hot Shower to finish warming up.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.

Anne Frank, German/Dutch Diarist

1 comment: