It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Making A Stand and I Scammed Myself.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

It’s hard to believe but I had to get up earlier this morning in preparation for my Ultra Sound on Thursday. Since there is a dietary restriction saying no Dairy Products for Twenty-Four Hours before I had to be creative. While I heated a can of Soup on the stove I used the hot water meant to make the Instant Coffee I bring to work to heat up my Soup Thermos. When the Soup was ready I simply poured the Hot Water into my Travel Mug. It worked like a charm because at lunch the Soup was still steaming hot. Since I could not have Cereal for breakfast I had the leftover Soup that would not fit in the Thermos.

At work I confirmed what I was going to weld first thing with Mile but reminded him we had less then a Half a Cylinder of Argon. He told me he had been calling the Supplier for over a week.

The Feedscrew I would work on has Three more identical to it. That meant by getting all the measurements right now would save me time on the others later. The only difference from the Feedscrew I did yesterday to this one was the Diameter, but the design was the same. After heating the Screw up to temperature I made a quick stop at the Restroom because when I start welding I don’t leave the PTA unattended due to its habit of going off course. When I was coming back there was a Full Argon Tank just sitting there. I quickly replaced it for the Cylinder knowing I could turn out numerous jobs with this before it would need replacing.

Mile stopped by and was impressed with the way things were looking. Each time I operate the machine I learn ways of improving the quality of my work. Mile commented that I was making the Flights too wide. I responded that I didn’t have to go back and repair them this way. He just shook his head and walked away.

It only took Seven Hours to complete that Feedscrew and get it buried in the Sandbox. We had already agreed to do the Largest Feedscrew next so it would cool over the Holidays. It only took Forty-Five Minutes to mount it in the Plasma Transfer Arc. At Thirty Feet long I made certain to position both the Safety Stands in case the Compressed Air System would go down.

I was about to start entering all the measurements into the Computer when Vinnie the Engineer tried saying they wanted all Four of the other Screws done first. I noted this Large Feedscrew had been there long before the others were ordered and was overdue. It’s also easier to change a Cylinder for smaller units than multiple Cylinders on a larger unit. When he tried to insist I said I had Christmas Shopping to do and punched out after only 9.75 Hours.

I actually did do my Christmas Shopping and walked in the Apartment shortly before 6:00. Kathy thought I had worked late again. She did know that I could not call her because she found my Cell Phone that I forgot this morning.

After having supper and watching the 6 o’clock Local News I had to call our Credit Card Company. There were charges to Amazon on our account that we didn’t recognize and Four were identical. After being transferred to the Fraud Department while answering questions I brought up our Blog on my Computer. In an instant I had to admit having made the charges and did not remember them.

Back in November I ordered Four Solar Panels from Amazon as a package but they delivered them all as separate units and charged us the same way. I’d also purchased an Insurance on all Four Units and was charged as one. “Guilty as charged”. Even the woman at the Fraud Department had a laugh.

The Big Sxxwstorm we were supposed to get on Friday has now been spread over Three Days. We’ll get our Brooms ready to sweep.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

What do you call a group of killer whales playing instruments?


An Orca-stra.

2 comments:

  1. I've done that before where I ordered something and totally forgot about it. I have not gone to the extent of calling the fraud department, that is pretty funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully that snowstorm will not interfere with your holiday plans. Wishing you and Kathy a happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete