It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, December 16, 2022

It Wasn’t Planned But.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

This morning like many others at work was quite typical. After discussing a change of which product, I would weld first I used the Burners to heat one Feedscrew so it could be welded on the PTA while I was busy doing the fine touch ups on another using the TIG over on the Inspection Table.

It seemed that yesterday’s cleanup of this Feedscrew was much better then the others I had welded in the past. There was no Impurities that bubbled to the surface saving me lots of time grinding them out. It also meant that it should take less passes to accomplish the needed build up.

When welding Feedscrews on the Plasma Transfer Arc most times I simply work through my breaks and use my lunch that Kathy made to snack on through the day. When I spoke to her while everyone else was on lunch break meant the Compressor would not be running continually. The welding was going well, and I expressed that I was Hoping to be heading home before 4:00.

Notice I did not use the word Plan. It didn’t matter because the welds that had been coming out so smooth were suddenly erupting causing a mess. After grinding and a touch up another pass would be required to make it look perfect. Halfway through that the Large Argon Tank went dry. Since a fresh Tank had not been delivered, I simply swapped it out for an Argon Cylinder to finish the job. On larger jobs the Tanks will outlast the Cylinders by Ten. With a few more delays I finally punched out at 5:30. I also ignored the White Stuff that had begun to gather on the Tonneau Cover.

Kathy used Lou’s Kitchen Sliced Beef to make a tasty and satisfying supper that included a Nanaimo Bar along with Fruit Cake for dessert. Our thoughts of going grocery shopping were put on hold until tomorrow.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Life is tough and if you have the ability to laugh at it, you have the ability to enjoy it.

Salma Hayek, Mexican American actress, director, and producer

No comments:

Post a Comment