It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, December 9, 2022

Making It Work.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

After touching base with Mile this morning, the first thing I did was to dig the Feedscrew out of the Sandbox. Even though I had no problem getting it over to the PTA, when it came to tightening the Chuck on the Shank it played hard to get. The only safe way to fix it then is to release it before trying again. That caused a Ten Minute delay in getting the heat going.

That was when I moved the TIG Machine over to where there was another Feedscrew waiting in the Polishing Machine. The imperfections were on the Shank which is not as critical as the Bearing Surfaces or Flights. Fifteen Minutes to move the Machine. Three Minutes to do the welding and make certain there were no other flaws. Fifteen Minutes to return the TIG Machine to its rightful spot.

Since the Feedscrew in the PTA had spent the night in the Sandbox to keep warm, it was ready to start welding after only an Hour of being heated. Even as I worked on finishing the Bearing Surface I continued to move the Burner to eventually heat the entire Screw. It would take until 10:30 to finish the Bearing. I then had to change the Program, before switching to the Number One Powder Bin.

When I finally started welding the Flights at 11:00 I made certain to increase the Powder, decrease the Rotation and narrow the Oscillation as a ways of getting a good build up. If I had increased the Powder any more I risked having it clog the Torch. Unfortunately just like Alec had experienced as the weld cooled it also shrank. So when it was applied it was above the required build up. When it cooled it was below the Diameter of the Shaft itself. It took Three Hours for the initial pass but since the second pass did not need as much build up it only took Two and a Half Hours.

It was 5:00 when I punched out, after burying the Feedscrew in the Sandbox for the weekend to slowly cool down. I just realized as of this writing that Mile never looked in to see how I was doing at all today. He must have remembered his statement from yesterday that I knew what I was doing.

I made a quick stop at Princess Auto but both the items I was interested in were out of stock.

Mary from Healthy Heals had visited with Kathy this morning when she worked on her feet. Then Kathy went to Hear Life in Tecumseh to have her Hearing Aids adjusted before going to Motor City Community Credit Union. Since I got home so late last night she had to do our banking today.

There’s plenty for us to do this weekend. Now we just have to find the time to do it.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.


Why was the mortgage so upset?

Because it was a loan.


  1. We should appreciate that you put aside time to post on your blog with all that work you are doing. Good that Kathy helps with chores to ease yours. Relax this weekend.

  2. You and Kathy keep busy. Hope retirement is just around the corner.