It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, December 2, 2022

Not A Twin and Long Hours.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

After doing Twin Feedscrews yesterday I was surprised this morning when I was told there was a Third Identical to do. After it was mounted in the PTA and it was being heated there were Two other Screws that needed my attention. It would take until 8:00 before I could totally focus on that single unit. Strangely it took just a bit longer then the second one had yesterday.

By 10:30 it was buried in the Sandbox and I moved on to another smaller piece. I’ve mentioned before I have no issues doing Standard Feedscrews but setting the programming for the Metric ones always causes me a problem.

It was nearly 12:00 by the time I hit the “Begin Weld Button”. Even though I made a few Test Runs without the Arc, when it was the real thing the Torch was all over the place. It wasn’t until after Mile noticed a few welds that were not perfectly straight that a set of Blueprints finally showed up on my desk. I had searched the File Cabinet, around the CNC and even asked Vinnie the Engineer for them earlier. Instead it took me extra time to measure the entire thing with just a Tape Measure. There were Five Zones total but Three joined together to make a consecutive run.

I had given Kathy a Heads Up when I called her that I might be late. I needed to run Straight Line Mixer that I had not been shown how to do. After repeated attempts of changing this then that I was finally able to get it to work. Each Seven Inch Line took exactly Three Minutes to do not including alignment.

It was 5:30 when I punched out giving me a total of Fifty-Six Hours for this week alone.

It felt so good to walk in the Apartment. After a quick wash up we had the Leftover Stir-Fry in Wraps for our supper.

According to the 6 o’clock Local News the price of Oil went down again. That will give us more of a break at the pumps.

The forecast is for Rain all night. When it stops Raining the temperature will be close to the Freezing Mark. We’ll find a way to get things we need finished.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Your anniversary present was getting the septic tank pumped.

2 comments:

  1. The price of gas sure isn't going down here in Pembroke. Ottawa is reporting 1.39, here it's still about 1.54, it only seems to go down in one cent incriments


    ReplyDelete
  2. Long work week already. Way long. Don't run yourself ragged.

    ReplyDelete