It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, December 15, 2022

Mile Changed My Plan and Lower Gas Prices.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

We had been forewarned of what to expect from last night’s 6 o’clock Local News and it was backed up by The Weather Network. Most of the province was warned about the potential of a heavy Sxxwfall while those of us in Essex County were told to be ready for lot of Rain.

Looking out the Balcony Door before leaving for work this morning had me changing what coat I would wear. Outside the Rain was coming down almost Horizontally supported by near 40 MPH (60 KMH) Wind Gusts. Thanks to my coat I was fairly dry but it was past 9:00 this morning before my pants felt dry inside my Coveralls.

Mile told me I might want to look at the Feedscrew on the Inspectors Bench before starting the Burner at the PTA. One glance as I walked by had me appreciating the advice. This was a Feedscrew that had been done using the 83 Hard Surfacing Powder. If the slightest bit of it spreads beyond its intended area it causes Havoc. It easily destroys tooling as they chip away at the edges making them resemble the teeth on a saw.

It was past 9:30 when I completed that task before I was shown another Job with less touching up to do. It was 11:00 when in a panic I was shown another Oops that the Machinist on the CNC Mill had just done. He made the Keyway an Inch longer then it should have been. Using the TIG for all three of those repairs guaranteed there would be no Porosity just clean solid metal.

I mentioned this past weekend purchasing a couple of spare Headgear for my Welding Helmet. Halfway through this morning my old one would no longer hold my Helmet on my head. Luckily it had stopped Raining and it was Break. By the time I returned to the job my Helmet had been restored to a usable condition with a new Headgear.

For the second time this week I actually had a sit down lunch break. It must have shocked Kathy when I called her like I used to. She was sitting in the Trailer having her lunch. She had been changing things around.

The rest of the shift was spent cleaning impacted Plastic off the Feedscrew that will now get welded tomorrow instead of today. Mile was impressed that I was working with the polishers to line up repairs they find and setting things in motion for repairs which adds up to more product out the door.

For the second time this week I actually punched out minutes after the shift ended. Having my phone on speaker I called to let Kathy know I was on my way. She surprised me saying she was on her way to Princess Auto to pick up my Package. I found the nearest driveway to turn around to go meet her. It was a good thing because it weighed nearly Seventy Pounds. She would not have been able to lift it where I had no problem.

We beat the rush and had supper at Wendy’s before going to the new storage unit at Guardian Storage to unload the purchases.

Our next stop was at the Pioneer gas station to top the Car off with gasoline. Gas was going for $1.266/Litre ($4.792/US Gallon), while Diesel remains at $2.096/Litre ($7.933/US Gallon). We fuelled the Car but the Truck can wait a while longer. Hopefully the price will drop by then.

We both felt good to get home and relax. Kathy is not sure what she’ll be doing tomorrow but I do.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Why did the scarecrow win an award?


Because he was outstanding in his field.

1 comment:

  1. You are keeping us on suspense again. What is 70 pounds heavy. Something to do with the solar installation for the RV?

    ReplyDelete