It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, December 22, 2022

Long Haul and Nose Dive.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Even though I stayed up nearly an Hour later last night I had trouble staying asleep and even got out of bed long before the Alarm went off. That meant I was able to calmly fill my Cooler for lunch but only fill myself with Water and no Breakfast.

Getting at Clear Imaging with time to spare, I watched as the staff started arriving. As soon as the lights were on they opened the doors so the early appointments could get registered. Having just gone for an Ultra Sound this past summer I was surprised how much different this one was. It was more than a Half Hour before it was completed and I could find a washroom to empty all the extra Water needed for this test.

It was after 8:00 when I arrived at the Windsor Feedscrew. Walking in and not hearing the roar of the Burners was surprising but then I remembered that was my job. As mentioned yesterday, things were ready for me to start my day. Due to the size of this unit it took Two Burners to warm it to where I could start. It also gave me time to fill the Powder Bin as well as making all the Data Entries. I was lucky today only having Five Consecutive Zones to enter on this Three Thousand Pound Feedscrew.

When I finally started the welding I was able to shut one of the Burners. The importance of this was that the Machinists could use their air tools for polishing which was impossible with Two Burners going.

Due to the PTA wanting to wander off course I had to remain vigilant and keep it on track. Even then I had to constantly adjust Amperage, Powder Feed, Width of the weld, Rotation, Carriage Speed and Lead-ins. Most of the weld was perfect but even as I explained to Mile, the Owner we watched flaws appear. For the next 5 Hours 3 Minutes and 31 Seconds I had to stay on top of what was happening and not leave my post.

The first thing I did was head to the washroom. Absorbing all the excess heat from the Burners has a negative affect on one’s body.

With the highly publicized Winter Storm heading our way Mile’s wife Vera will not drive to the plant. So Mile came around to tell Jason and I that he’ll only arrive before 7:00 tomorrow, which means I get to sleep in. Even better he informed us we’d only be working until Noon. Even Better.

I returned to the PTA to do the needed touch-ups. It is simple to lessen the Powder and Amperage then increase the Speed of rotation. After that long run I think the machine was tired because when I pushed the “Start to WeldButton the Torch did a Kamikaze Dive into the Feedscrew. After the Fourth such incident I simply heated the Feedscrew while I set up the Sandbox. After burying the job to slow cool I finished shutting down the PTA. I informed Mile of the problem and suggested I do the touch ups in January with the TIG. He suggested maybe getting the Machine and Computer serviced in the New Year. Do you think?

Considering how close we are to Christmas I was surprised to see Four Deer grazing in a field by the Airport.

After a quick stop at Motor City Community Credit Union, I made it home by 5:00.

Supper was a Store-Bought Thin Crust Medium Vegetarian Pizza that I added Shredded Mozzarella Cheese to.

We watched the 6 o’clock Local News and the big story is the Winter Storm and Frigid Temperatures that will last through the Christmas weekend.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Your momma has "ammo" on her Christmas list.

No comments:

Post a Comment