It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, December 5, 2022

More Triplets and 138th.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Late to bed and early to rise makes a person irritable and tired, especially when you keep waking throughout the night. It must have been that late Coffee we had yesterday.

Using the remote starter on the Truck this morning there was no frost to clean off the windshield like yesterday. This is only the beginning of the month but there was hardly any traffic on the road at 5:30.

When I checked in with Mile the first thing I told him was that I needed to leave at 3:30 because of an appointment. I then listed what I was going to work on. He was impressed and said that it sounded good to him.

I mentioned last Friday that there were actually Three Identical Feedscrews that I had welded. I then welded another Feedscrew that spent the weekend in the Sandbox. Today I welded Second of those with a Third one on the agenda for tomorrow. Apparently, it is the same Customer that ordered Four Sets of Three Identical Feedscrews.

I’d had problems with the Lead-Ins on Friday so Vinnie the Engineer found a Blueprint with all the proper numbers. While the Feedscrew was warming up with the help of the Burner I entered those numbers considering they were used on the CNC Mill. The Plasma Transfer Arc is basically just that, a CNC Welding Machine so those numbers should work perfectly. Wrong! From the moment I hit the “Begin To Weldbutton I was constantly chasing the Center and reworking the Numbers just like I did on Friday.

When Mile and Vinnie came to see how things were going I told them their Lead-In Numbers were not working and the Computer was not retaining the numbers. They both said that was impossible. They had no sooner gotten those words out of their mouths when the Torch made a Cross Country Dash across the Feedscrew spewing Powder in the process. I just agreed with them saying “You’re right the machine would never do that”. I then grabbed the Hand Grinder to start cleaning the mess.

After I buried the finished Screw in the Sandbox there was talk that I should start another on the PTA. When I said there were repairs to do or I could leave early, the repairs won out.

After mounting the Third of that design in the Machine for tomorrow I spent the rest of the shift repairing a Six Inch Feedscrew that was nearly ready to be chromed until there was an Oops.

An early shower felt wonderful but the rushing was not good. By the time we got out the door and made it to the Canadian Blood Services building there was less than Five Minutes to my appointment time. During the usual interview I was told of upcoming changes to the Donation Process. Not sure how well that will work for me but a Half Hour later I was finished making my 138th Blood Donation.

We headed over to Wendy’s where we used a Coupon to bring the cost of eating supper out, down.

We’ll see what happens tomorrow.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

What do you get when you put root beer in a square glass?


Beer.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on 138th!! Hope the new rules won't affect your donating!

    ReplyDelete