It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Haunting Memories.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

It’s quite the challenge as I sit here trying to write this post. Part of the problem can all be blamed on a Snack. That’s right a Snack. Last night after we returned from Amherstburg and I was writing the Blog Kathy brought us each a Snack of Dark Chocolate Covered Almonds. Both those ingredients are actually quite healthy except that the Dark Chocolate is high in Caffeine and should not be eaten just before going to bed. I spent most of the night Tossing, Turning and just Laying there wide awake. When it was time to start my day, I was doing it on less than Two Hours of sleep.

My day started with me finishing the Feedscrew I’d worked on yesterday but stopped due to my Dental Appointment. When we rebuild them we aim to overbuild the by Two Hundred and Fifty Thousandths. I only got .248.

I’d barely put it in the Sandbox when I was asked to TIG repair a couple of units. The one was cause by the CNC Mill bouncing off the extremely tough 83 Powder that is known for destroying tooling like that. It took over Four Hours to repair all the chipped edges.

Just before 3:00 I was adding numbers to the PTA for the Feedscrew I would start with tomorrow when Mile waved me over to another Feedscrew that had Undercut right next to the Flights. That was one of the Two and a Half Inch Diameter Units that I’d had to keep recentering the Torch along with another problem. If you recall I had to replace the Orifice on the Torch because one of the Feed Lines had plugged up. Mile confirmed it was that plugged hole that caused the Undercut.

What I did not want to hear was that they need the part for first thing in the morning which meant I had to reweld the Unit in the Plasma Transfer Arc tonight. Since the PTA was again trying to travel where it was not programmed, I had to reset the Carriage numerous times. I started at 6:00 this morning and punched out after 7:15 this evening.

Just when I thought the day could not get any worse, the New Manager at the Fast Food Establishment I went to said I could not have the Food the way I’ve been ordering it for years. I almost told them what to do with their food when an employee corrected the Manager.

At least I found out that we’ll not be working between the Holidays this year.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Why are horse-drawn carriages so unpopular?


Because horses are are awful at drawing.

1 comment: