It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, July 18, 2022

Time and Calls.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Just knowing that I’d set the Alarm last night made it so that I kept waking to look at the Clock. When I saw there was only Twenty Minutes to go I sat on the edge of the bed only to be awaken by the Alarm.

I was at Planet Fitness heading for the Cardio Equipment by 5:30 and there was probably Ten People exercising. After a brief pause I was able to finish my entire routine including the Second Cardio before heading to the Showers. As I was leaving I was surprised to see the place was packed with well over Fifty People. Not something you normally see during the work week.

Arriving back at the Apartment just before 9:00 I found Kathy finishing her chores even though she had not yet eaten her breakfast. After giving her a choice of options she made a suggestion that surprised me. She wanted a Grilled Cheese Sandwich for breakfast so that’s what she got. It made me laugh when I later read some of the Blogs we follow and what they had for breakfast.

When I went to hang my workout clothes up after a single glance Kathy wanted me to throw them out because they were that sweat stained.

I had calls to make today. The first to the Union Hall where I left a message with the Benefits Rep. Next I called the Union Legal Services where I left the details of what we need. They both had to call us back.

It was close to 1:00 when we had Italian Wedding Soup for lunch along with a Yogurt Cup and Two Maple Cookies for dessert.

Checking my E-Mail every time a new message showed up I was surprised there wasn’t a single Job Ad to apply for today.

The Benefits Rep called around 2:00 confirming what I already knew. At 2:30 the Legal Services called to review the information needed so we can redo our Wills. Just after 3:00 Melissa at Guardian Storage call to say a package had arrived for me.

Even though The Weather Network showed our temperature felt like 99 F (37 C) around that time with the Balcony Door and Bedroom Window open it was comfortable inside. It was close to 4:00 when we headed out. It would not be until later that I found out the temperature had already started dropping.

We stopped at Motor City Community Credit Union where I got more coins for doing our Laundry.

At Guardian Storage there was Mail as well as the Package.

Since it was nearly 5:00 we stopped at Wendy’s where we used a Coupon to purchase our supper.

Back at the Apartment after the Local News was finished I had to make more calls. The first to our daughter Rose. Since the change in her marital status I had to verify the spelling of her last name. That’s when she informed me her family will be growing again in the New Year.

I also had to call our daughter-in-law Jen to verify that she is again using her Maiden Name even though we are still Mom and Dad to her.

Looks like I’ll be turning the Air Conditioner on tomorrow. I can survive the 108 F (42 C) but not Kathy.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

What you do makes a difference and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.

Dame Jane Goodall, British Ethologist

1 comment:

  1. 108!!!!! Wow. And here in Alabama in will ONLY get to 92.

    ReplyDelete