Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.
Click on the pictures to enlarge.
Who knew that by the time I finished writing the Blog last night, nature would be putting on a spectacular light show just outside our Apartment. Who knew that my Shoulder would be really bothering me at that very moment and that I needed to lean back in my Recliner for an Hour. Who knew that the light show would still be going strong around 1:30 when I went to Bed. Who knew that I would wake up at 4:30 gasping for air but Kathy’s CPAP Machine was still going strong. Who knew that I would open my eyes to an overcast morning in my Recliner at 8:00 this morning.
Who knew that I would be writing this for the second time tonight because my Computer likes to wipe out paragraphs that I had already written. I had already checked the forecast on The Weather Network and found Thunderstorms headed our way by noon. When Kathy joined me at 9:00 we barely had our breakfast snack eaten before heading out the door. Even at that early hour our Humidex was showing 102 F (39 C), with Southwest Wind Gusts.
We stopped at Shoppers Drug Mart where I was able to take advantage of Thursdays Seniors Discounts, while Kathy waited in the Car.
Walking into Vital-Aire with my CPAP Transformer that left me Gasping looking for a replacement would teach me valuable lessons. They were upset that I had not brought in my CPAP Machine to be tested, even though I told them it was working perfectly when I hooked it up to Kathy’s Transformer. Who knew that if you just let those Transformers rest a few minutes, they will turn back on. Strange because hours later it would not do it at home. Who knew that the cost of replacing those is not covered by my Extended Health Care. That I will be looking into tomorrow.
As we were leaving, I looked across the street to see a place called Paul’s Diner. We’ve seen it there for years but never stopped, because they only serve Breakfast and Lunch, while most times we were there later in the afternoon. When I asked Kathy if she was hungry she was not expecting me to pull in there. We each had a Toasted Three Egg Western Sandwich that came with Hash-Browns. Who knew that we would waddle out carrying tomorrow’s breakfast in a box.
On the way home, we stopped at the Zehr’s grocery store, to finally restock our Produce and Frozen Foods. By the time we walked out at 10:30, the sky looked like something from a Horror Movie.
We headed straight back to our building where I dropped Kathy at the front entrance, before parking the Car. Our Folding Two Wheeled Shopping Cart really saved my Shoulder. By the time we put everything away, there wasn’t a Cloud in the sky. The first thing I did was to double check the forecast on Radar. It was clear.
It was just past 3:45 when we could hear the Wind rattling the Partition on the Balcony. The sky was nearly as dark as it had been before. This time The Weather Network showed Wind Gust up to 57 MPH (91 KlH). Looking down at walkers on the Ganatchio Trail who suddenly turned and start running from where they came from had us wondering. In the distance there was a Wall Of Rain travelling from West to East. Our Cell Phones started giving us Tornado Alerts. Birds were gripping the brick on our south facing Window and Door to stay away from the Wind.
We turned on the Television to see what was happening but even the Detroit News Stations were all reporting about this huge storm with Possible Tornadoes. They were all being interrupted by the same message we were getting on our phones. The “6 o’clock Local News” was only interrupted once before the Alerts stopped happening. The temperature had dropped to 70 F (21 C) by 5:00, but would reach 81 F (27 C) before midnight.
Who knew that we would experience at least a dozen Electrical Power Interruptions that would only last seconds, spread over the next Two Hours.
That was so stressful we shared a Store-Bought Thin-Crust Medium Hawaiian Pizza for a late supper.
We later watched an episode of “Law and Oder, Special Victims Unit”. Kathy’s in Bed and I hope to be there soon.
Who knew that we would have such an exciting day.
Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam including personal advertisements.
Be Safe and Enjoy!
It’s about time.
Krackers
Religious Bumper Sticker
As long as there are tests, there will be prayer in school.
No comments:
Post a Comment