It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, September 28, 2026

Making The Best Of The Walk.

Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

In an attempt to break my Restless Nights, I even resorted to taking an Extra Strength Tylenol before trying to sleep last night. After tossing in my Recliner like the night before, I chose to take less than a Teaspoon of ZzzQuil out of desperation, before going straight to Bed. Another Two Hours later, my Shoulder Pain was too much and I was back in my Recliner.

I’ve mentioned that if the Clock is showing 8:00 or later in the morning, I start my day. I started early today at 7:56 from my Recliner.

With only Eleven Days before my Shoulder Surgery, it cannot come fast enough. That was exactly the way I felt before my Hip Surgery. Like before, not many people look forward to Surgeries, but when Relief is expected as an afterthought, you do.

I had finished all my E-Reading, before waking Kathy. After our breakfast snack, I was able to investigate a few things of interest. I even managed to start making Salmon Sandwiches for lunch as a way of using food stocks before they go bad, with hopes of replacing them in the next week with fresh stocks. We even finished the last of the Cookies as dessert.

It was time to get moving and the outside temperature was perfect. The only bad thing was getting out of the building with Northerly Winds blowing. As soon as we were down on the Ganatchio Trail there was less of a breeze. Lucky for us, there are Benches spaced along the Trail for people with health issues. We headed west as a way of seeing something different. If we use the City Sidewalks, they have a slight sloped for winter runoff, which adds to any Pain you may have in your Feet, Legs, Hips or Shoulders. The Trail is completely flat so we can go further. We made a few stops to rest, have some water and get in a few puppy snuggles as they went by. We made it all the way to Lauzon Road, where Kathy suggested walking up to Riverside Drive. After being reminded of the Sidewalk Slopes and told of the extra Thousand Feet she’d be walking, we returned on the Trail where there were benches and shade from the Sun.

We had been gone for nearly Two Hours, some of that was spent sitting to rest. According to the Computer, we had walked nearly Two Miles. It has been sometime since we walked that far outside, but we are hoping it will help us to sleep better tonight.

While watching the “6 o’clock Local News” the Weather Guesser made an unwelcome change to our forecast. Though he said one thing, the Radar on my Computer shows something far different.

It was nearly 7:00 when we shared a Store-Bought Thin-Crust Medium Chicken Pizza for a late supper, watching a few different episodes on the History Channel.

We’ll make a Shopping List before heading out tomorrow.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam including personal advertisements.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.


Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Your tires are worth more than your truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment