It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, September 11, 2026

Always Remember.

Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Things don’t always go the way you want. Wednesday night, was a back and forth night with a lot of Shoulder Pain. Last night was a totally different problem. It seems that I have an Allergy to my Computer. Every night while writing the Blog, I start sneezing and cannot stop until I take a Cough Drop. Strangely that did not happen last night and I was feeling stuffed up, so I tried being Proactive by taking a Cough Drop before trying to sleep. Most of you know that we both use CPAP Machines with mine having a Full Face Mask. I was just starting to drift off when the magic of the Cough Drop wore off. After cleaning up and another Cough Drop, I went straight to Bed.

That only lasted Three Hours before it was time for another Extra Strength Tylenol. When that happens I need to recline to totally ingest it, but not the near Six Hours it took for the Sun to light up the Livingroom.

I called our Family Doctor’s Office around 8:00, in hopes of getting information but had to leave a message. Around 9:00, Lisa the Receptionist called back, saying George was off today but gave me useful information. I called the Endoscopic Lab, where I was given another appointment next week, Thirty Minutes before the appointment with our Family Doctor. Looks like more juggling.

After our breakfast snack, we barely had time to check The Weather Network before heading out. Barely down the road, Kathy said she was hungry so we made a quick stop at Popeye’s for lunch off their $4.00 Menu Board. Lucky for us, there was a lot less Salt in the batter this time.

We were fortunate when arriving at the Pain Care Clinic to find a parking spot close to the building, instead of the far side of the lot. Luckily, Kathy brought her Book along to read. Besides taking a few walks down the hall, she managed to read a quarter of her Book in the Two Hours it took for me to be called in, after my appointed time. To make this more frustrating, the Doctor determined there was no benefit to continue with the injections that made me feel like a Pin Cushion. With the upcoming Shoulder Surgery a Cortisone Injection is a no-no, instead he recommended using a Topical Cream, that has to be blended at the Pharmacy that our Pharmacy can not do it. After viewing a list of Pharmacies capable of this and choosing the one closest to our home, they sent off the FAX.

By 3:00 we were on our way through Rush Hour Traffic. There would be another delay, Kathy was hungry. She has really developed an appetite lately. Not wanting to stuff ourselves before supper I suggested going to McDonald’s for a Fish Fillet, but she said that she had never eaten one. (Only Eight times in the last Year) When I said she could have a Hot Fudge Sundae with it, she was all for it.

We felt refreshed afterwards but then the problem was getting to the other side of Tecumseh Road. It took some time but we were finally on the side we needed to be. Kathy opted to stay in the Car while I was trying to go inside of Hunter’s Pharmacy but my Phone was going off. It would go to Voice Mail after Six Rings so I just went in. After speaking to Five different people Jodi finally came out saying that she had just called my phone. After getting my Medical Information we were on our way home without the Cream.

The Bumper to Bumper Traffic on Tecumseh Road just worse thanks to a few Accidents. Knowing the streets of Windsor the way I do, we cut back further into the neighbourhood before turning back to Tecumseh Road. This time there was a Traffic Light that safely got us zig zagged all the way to Riverside Drive. Twenty Minutes later we were in our Apartment.

At 4:30 Jodi called telling me the Out of Pocket Costs. $$$$. I asked if there was an Over the Counter product that she thought would work. I think she placed her hand over the receiver so her coworkers would not Hear. We’ll go looking tomorrow.

Like many others, we remember this day Twenty-Five Years ago. Just moments ago, Kathy asked “How can people have so much Hate in them, to want to do something like that?” It seems that they forgetting that we are all Humans and should practice Love and Compassion not War. We watched a couple of Tributes this evening.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam including personal advertisements.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

No comments:

Post a Comment