It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, July 5, 2022

That Doesn’t Happen Often.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

After posting our Blog later then I wanted last night I knew there was no way I could be awake enough at 5:00 to go to the Gym. Instead I set the Alarm an Hour later so I would feel slightly rested. Having awakened a few times while rolling over then hearing the Heavy Rain against the Window at 3:15 when I looked at the Clock that read 5:30 I knew it was time to get started.

Before going out the door I glanced out the Balcony Door seeing dry spots in the parking lot I simply walked out with daytime attire. When I got to the rear entrance the Rain was pouring down. Not wanting to get overly wet I went back to the Apartment and put on my Raincoat. Heading back out the rear entrance the Rain had stopped but only because I had my Raincoat. That doesn’t happen often.

The Rain just Stopped.

Even though I was slightly later then usual it seemed the Rain had delayed others from arriving earlier. One Routine just flowed into the other and I was close to leaving at my regular time but when I headed into the Locker Room someone had used the Locker right next to mine and had all his stuff spread out. Figuring he wouldn’t be too long I returned to the Resistance Machines for another Half Hour. When I returned to my Locker I found the person just packing up was John another Tradesman I worked with for many years with before I retired. That doesn’t happen often but we’ll get a chance to catch up later on.

It is still dark out when I arrive most mornings.

After getting to the Car I called to see if Kathy wanted to get out before it got too Hot this afternoon. When she said yes I headed to the Apartment to pick her up. I had the chance to hang my gear to dry before we left.

Taking the Expressway it didn’t take long to get to the Walmart on the west end of the City. I dropped Kathy off so she could get some walking exercise in while I took care of my business.

It’s been over Two Years since our Family Doctor has sent me for Blood Test and when I last saw him he figured it was time. While Kathy was walking I went to the Dyna-Care medical lab at the other end of the parking lot. It took nearly a Half Hour but that should make George happy for another year or more. When I was done I simply called Kathy and met her outside Walmart. That doesn’t happen often.

Since I hadn’t had breakfast we went to Wendy’s to try their Breakfast Menu. Unfortunately they stop serving breakfast at 10:30 so we ended up having Salads for brunch. We were surprised they no longer serve the Half Sized Salads so we were quite full when we left.

We drove across the street to Princess Auto. Since this was Tuesday the first day of this Sales Event I knew that they should have what I was looking for. After looking around the store Twice I asked one of the Clerks. After the same results even though their Computers showed they had Hundreds in stock they could not be found. There were Six Clerks looking for a product that should have been on the shelf. They were finally found still in Boxes behind the Cashiers. I got Two so that problem doesn’t happen again.

We swung by Guardian Storage to check for Mail and a Package that should have arrived yesterday. When I walked in Sarah had just left a message on our Home Phone that the Package had just arrived.

By the time we got home the Heat was noticeable. In the Apartment after cleaning up a Cantaloupe for future desserts I finally headed for my Computer. The Weather Network showed our temperature felt like 104 F (40 C). After reading for nearly an Hour my eyes would not stay open and remained closed for over an Hour. That doesn’t happen often because I can normally fight it off.

In order to fully wake up I started chopping the remaining Vegetables we had in the Fridge to make a Stir-Fry for supper. There was Broccoli, Carrots, Celery, Cherry Tomatoes, Onions and Peppers. We had Stir-Fry Veggie Wraps with Shredded Cheddar Cheese for supper and Mixed Berry Crumble Pie for dessert. There’s enough Leftovers for another meal but we have to go shopping for more Veggies.

Tomorrow looks like it will be another busy day.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You know you’re getting old when you sing along with the elevator music.

4 comments:

  1. Indeed you had a full day of "it doesn't happen often". I do hope you get to meet up with your former coworker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. This is the first time I have heard of Mixed Berry Crumble Pie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a quick note that I also had blood drawn recently, for the first time since 2017. Everything was fine. I cold not believe that it had been that long. Covid got in the way I guess. Glad you had an interesting day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mixed berry crumble sounds yummy to me! :)

    ReplyDelete