It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, July 4, 2022

Comment Answered, Air Conditioned and Sad 4th.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

I don’t know what happened last night but it affected what I had Planned for this morning. I set the Alarm so I could do the Laundry early but the next thing I knew it was after 8:00.

As soon as we had breakfast we checked what was necessary on the Computers before I headed downstairs to check out if any repairs had been done to the Washers and Dryers. There are now Three working Washers and Dryers between the Two Laundry Rooms.

Back in the Apartment as I sorted and treated the clothes I mentioned that I was heading back to the Laundromat that I had been to Two Weeks ago. She decided to tag along.

Not knowing how long it would take to get things done I decided we’d stop for lunch before doing the Laundry. We went to Wendy’s where we used a Coupon to save money on our meal. In a Comment we were asked where do we get all these Coupons. They are delivered to Apartment Buildings in the area by Canada Post. There are so many Fast Food Outlets in our city that most send out the Coupons as a form of competition to bring customers back through their doors. On occasion we even get Coupons from some of the Chain Restaurants.

It was 11:30 when we arrived at the Laundromat and even though it was getting Hot outside Kathy could not believe it until she experienced it first hand. This Laundromat was Air Conditioned. I was able to use the Older Front Load Washers today which meant they really Rinse all the Soap out of the clothes. As they finished I moved things to the Dryers that took exactly a Half Hour to dry everything. Since Kathy tagged along it was much easier folding the Bed Sheets together as well as working together folding the clothes.

When we got back to our building I finally remembered to take a picture of the Pickup that has Three and a Half Flats. It’s been parked in our lot immediately after its repair. It had Three Totally Flat Tires and the Fourth one looks like it is half way there.

It was past 1:30 when we got back to the Apartment. By simply opening our Balcony Door the breeze flowing through cooled us down even though The Weather Network showed our temperature felt like 95 F (35 C). It didn’t take long to get everything put away.

We headed back to our Computers to finish our morning reading when we saw an Alert. While most of the United States is celebrating Independence Day on the 4th of July just outside of Chicago in Highland Park Illinois became the 308th Mass Shooting Site this year. There were 6 Dead and 31 Injured all of which had been watching their town’s celebration of the Holiday. The Shooter used an Assault Weapon from a Rooftop overlooking the parade route. We checked the US News Media to verify the incident. By the time our 6 o’clock Local News came on the Person of Interest had been apprehended.

For supper I modified a Store Bought Medium Thin Crust Three Meat Pizza by adding finely chopped Onion and shredded Cheddar Cheese. It was a filling meal.

Tomorrow I’ve got errands to run while Kathy stays safe in the Apartment. Our temperature is supposed to feel like 109 F (43 C).

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You own a homemade fur coat.

1 comment:

  1. If our laundromats were not airconditioned in Texas, they would go out of business! I still can not believe that I thought it was always cold in Canada, but blogs like yours have taught me otherwise.

    I hope they soon fix your washer and dryers so you can get that done in house. When I lived in Houston, I would also get a lot of coupons in the mail, not just for fast food but for all kinds of services from local businesses...not so much in Del Rio :-(

    ReplyDelete