It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, June 13, 2022

Truck’s Too Heavy and A Full Mouth.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

It felt like I had just gotten to bed when the Alarm was waking me up this morning. That surprised me that I didn’t spend the night tossing and turning. After having a Pecan Tart as a snack I was soon on my way to Planet Fitness to whip myself in shape. I looked at the time as I started my morning Cardio Exercise at 5:30. Looking over to the area with the Free Weights it was so crowded that it looked like I might not be able to get in there. As I was wiping down the Cardio Equipment it was like everyone suddenly disappeared. I managed to complete my Routine Three Sets before moving on to the Cool-Down Exercise.

When I got back to our building shortly after 8:30 Pat the Head Handyman waved me over saying he finally had the Glue in his truck to fix some Broken Trim in our Apartment. I mentioned we were also having problems with our Fridge. He followed me up fixed the Trim but could not fix the Fridge because the controls are all electronic which means he’ll be back. Kathy heard the talking but after seeing him quickly got herself dressed before coming out.

We had the Leftover Strudels for our breakfast.

At the Computers there was plenty to get caught up on.

More Leftovers were served for our lunch. We had Leftover Stir-Fry that we made into Wraps by adding Grated Cheese. We also had a small scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream on a number of Leftover Strawberries.

After cleaning up the Dishes we were soon out the door. In Ontario it was announced that we would not have to purchase new Stickers for our yearly License renewal but we received a notice dated May First last Friday that the vehicles had to be registered. We stood outside the Service Ontario for nearly a Half Hour before getting in. Registering the Car was no problem but because our Truck exceeds a certain Weight even though it is a personal vehicle it falls under a Commercial Vehicle Rating. It cost $258.00 for a One Year Sticker.

Not knowing what the traffic would be like we headed for Amherstburg. Even through the Construction Zone on the Expressway it barely slowed at all. Arriving early we stopped at the local Walmart to walk for a while. Kathy managed to find a nice top while I found some Supplements that I didn’t have the time to find in Windsor.

Kathy stayed in the Car reading while I went inside RiverTowne Dental. I had an appointment to pick up my new Denture. I barely sat down when Adam was calling me in. I mentioned a short while back that the way they can now take accurate measurements of your mouth compared to what it used to be has really changed. Out with the old and in with the new. They felt comfortable but made my mouth feel full.

We went to Wendy’s where we had supper. Instead of ordering just a Wrap I ordered a Chicken Sandwich to be certain my new teeth would work.

From there we headed over to our son Kevin and daughter-in-law Melissa’s house for a visit. It’s been a while and there was a lot to catch up on so our normal Two Hour Visit ended up Three Hours.

The bottom numbers are the Feel Like Temps.

The Weather Network showed our Humidex only reached 86 F (30 C) this afternoon but the next three days will make up for it.

It was after 9:00 by the time we got home. Sitting here writing the Blog I’m struggling to stay awake.

There’s still a lot more to do tomorrow.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You go to the dentist for a "Tooth Cleaning".

3 comments:

  1. Our Tundra is almost $500.00 this year to register OUCH. Love NV but when it comes to registering vehicles it's almost as much as California. Sounds like otherwise you had a nice day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the exercising. I though that your fridge was new??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today is Friday June 17th, and I am getting caught up with your blog so I apologize for the late comment. I do not want to be noisy, and I wont take it personally if you do not want to answer a question I have.

    Does your health care insurance also cover dentures and dental visits? Here in the US, it does not therefore, I take my mother to Ciudad Acuña (across the border from Del Rio, Tx) for all her dental needs.

    ReplyDelete