It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, June 9, 2022

Being Alarmed.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

I was again feeling desperate enough to go to the Gym this morning that I set the Alarm last night. If you recall the way I explained that my body goes on a heightened alert and my sleep is basically useless. Well that is exactly what happened again last night. It seems that I slept for an Hour then Toss and Turn the rest of the night. I had set the Alarm for 6:00 but was awake by 4:00. Instead of trying to lay there for another Hour I was out of bed by 5:00. With a quick snack I was out the door.

At Planet Fitness I looked at my watch at 5:30 as I started my Cardio Workout. Even though my Hernia continues to bother me as long as I don’t push too hard I’m able to accomplish more of my routines. After accomplishing Two Sets with the Free Weights along with the Cool-Down Routine I was headed for home before 8:30.

When I had left for the Gym I had deliberately left the Balcony Blinds closed so when I walked into the Apartment it did not surprise me that Kathy was still in bed. After simply opening the Blind I barely had my second shoe off when Kathy came out to join me. We had a Pastry for breakfast before going to the Computers.

After checking everything necessary I managed to apply for a job that is located Ten Minutes from Wildwood Golf and RV Park in McGregor. That was the Park we lived at while we were Fulltiming.

We were both starting to feel like we could have a Snap (Short Nap) but suddenly that was the furthest thing on our minds. Since the New Building Management has taken over there’s been lots of work going on. It seems that the apartment above us since we moved in has been banging constantly on something even late into the evening. I went to the Office and spoke with Bonnie who said there was No Work going on up there. She’ll check it out for us.

Back at the Apartment with the banging suddenly stopped we thought we’d have that Snap. Instead the Fire Alarm went off. Today’s regulations call for an ear piercing Alarm to be in each apartment. When those go off the Elevators don’t work which means you have to use the Stairs. I could easily do it but Kathy can’t so we wore our Headphones to protect our hearing. There was no smell or sign of Smoke and the Windsor Fire Department had already arrived and were checking what the problem was. After Thirty Minutes they finally shut the Alarm. That is not the first time this has happened.

For lunch we had Chicken Strips, Coleslaw and Water Melon for dessert.

We spent most of the afternoon with the Balcony Door open but finally had to shut it because the North Wind on the Eighth Floor was much colder then it was at ground level.

Rain coming our way.

I busied myself chopping Broccoli, Carrots, Celery, Mushrooms, Onions and Peppers to make a Stir-Fry. Not wanting to lose all those Vegetables the dish ended up quite large but since we weren’t really that hungry because of our lack of activity we made Stir-Fry Wraps. There’s more cooked Stir-Fry for a couple of meals. We were watching the 6 o’clock Local News as we ate.

The Weather Network showed our temperature only reached 72 F (22 C) because of the showers in the surrounding areas.

Later this evening we watched the January 6th Investigation. Even though we saw New Video we had already seen most of it before.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You know you’re getting old when your arms are almost too short to read the newspaper.

1 comment:

  1. Is the gym you go to open 24 hours? I commend you for having the will power to go so early in the morning. With all the updates they are making in your apartment building, I hope they don't hike up your rent.

    How I envy your cool temperatures and rain :-(

    ReplyDelete