It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, June 2, 2022

She Said She’d Call Me Back.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

We finished having breakfast and were sitting at the Computers long before my 9:00 call in appointment time. When I made the call to Karen at the Job Agency I wasn’t surprised that I had to leave a Voice Message. The few Job Ads worth applying for On-Line were in different provinces so they were quickly dismissed. Not being discouraged I simply sent Karen an E-Mail being very particular as to why I left the last place of employment without mentioning the Company by name on my Resume.

I was just starting to read Blogs we follow when Karen called me back apologizing that she was interviewing another potential employee for an Office Job. Somehow the Resume that she had of mine had the Company Name list. That’s when I recalled it was immediately after speaking with her in January that Paul’s attitude towards me suddenly turn vindictive. We spoke of why I left a job Forty-One Years ago because that was where she was wanting to send me. She said she’d call me back.

I also brought up that according to the Human Rights Law employers could not hold my Age against me and that I believed many were.

For lunch we had Grilled Cheese Sandwiches with Coleslaw for a side and a slice of Strawberry/Rhubarb Pie for dessert.

We barely sat back at the Computers when Karen called back. She had another Job that did basically the same kind of work as the other. She ran through the description and it actually sounded better to me. Asking whether my Welding Tickets were up to date I had to say that after Ten Years they had expired. She said she’d call me back.

I was back at the Computer when Karen called back. The Job is a Six Hundred Hour Contract with the Company. After that there is a good chance of being hired on Fulltime. Wanting to know when I could do a Welding Test the answer was as soon as I got my Welding Shield out of our Storage Unit. She said she’d call me back.

I was just starting to get the ingredients out for tonight’s supper ready when Karen called back. I now have a Welding Test for Tomorrow Morning with the possible starting day being Monday. She gave me all the information and wants me to call her back after the Test and Interview.

We had a Veggie Stir-Fry on a bed of Spaghetti for supper with Pineapple for dessert. There’s still enough Stir-Fry for some Veggie Wraps and I didn’t overdo the Pasta so we didn’t waddle away from the table.

The 6 o’clock Local News reported on today’s Provincial Election.

The Weather Network showed our temperature finally reached 75 F (24 C) this evening before cooling down again. We’ll only be a few degrees warmer tomorrow.

We headed over to Guardian Storage where I collected the Welding Tools that I’ll need for tomorrow. We then checked the Trailer to make certain it had not been tampered with before circling back to the Office and collecting our Mail.

From there I drove over to where I’ll be going for my Welding Test/Interview tomorrow so Kathy would be more relaxed just knowing where I’ll be.

When we got back to the building we were surprised that nobody took our parking spot even though there were only a few that were still empty.

Now we’ll keep our fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

If we treated ourselves as well as we treated our best friends, can you imagine?

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex

8 comments:

  1. Fingers Crossed! Any company will be lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your interview and test tomorrow. I understand the age discrimination thing. I can work circles around most 20 year olds if I'm given the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope all goes well with your interview. Best wishes and fingers crossed from the West Coast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not to worry. You got this. As far as age discrimination people should realize that it is foolish to bypass someone qualified for the job due to age. As I've told you, I was a degreed and SHRM certified HR professional over 35 years. I once hired a man as a boiler operator. Of course it's illegal to ask the age before a job offer is extended. It was after hire I learned he is 82. And a dang good employee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! May everything work out in your favor.

    ReplyDelete