It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, June 3, 2022

What the hell was the rush?

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Not wanting to be late for my Welding Test/Interview I set the Alarm for 7:00. I should have known better because I tossed and turned looking at the time most of the night. When I saw 6:37 on the Clock I simply shut it off and started my day. After a bowl of Cereal I was out the door by 7:20.

It had dawned on me last night that I might have to do G.T.I. Welding which requires close up viewing. Since my Cataract Surgery my distant vision is perfect but when it comes to fine close up work or reading fine print I need help. So my first destination was Princess Auto. I had to wait Five Minutes for them to open but I was able to get a 1.5 Cheater Lens.

I arrived with plenty of time before the appointed time. By showing up early it shows that you are not one to be tardy. There was nobody sitting at the Receptionist’s Desk but there were plenty of Office Workers at their desks all playing with their Cell Phones. After standing there for Five Minutes it wasn’t until I turned my back to them that someone from the far side of the room came over.

After introducing myself and the reason I was there it was only seconds before Peter came to greet me. Even though I would be hired through the Job Agency he took me to his office for an interview. He had me sit at a table then he sat at his desk Twelve Feet away. He explained the type of work the plant did before taking me back in the Plant. You could eat off the floor in this place.

Bill the lead hand set me up with the Materials I had to weld together. Unlike other tests where I had rushed to do I took my time and produced the quality welds that I’m certain they would like. Then Bill told me the Company Weld Inspector is off until Monday. If he deems my welds satisfactory then we’ll sit and talk. I was courteous and thanked them for their consideration. When I got to the Truck I wondered out loud “What he hell was the rush to get me tested for”.

As requested of me I called Karen at the Job Agency. I expressed my concern about the rush when the Inspector would not see my test until Monday. She’ll call them on Monday as a follow up.

Kathy was happy to hear everything went well and understood that I wasn’t going straight home.

Knowing that the Truck will be repaired soon I stopped at our Storage Unit and proceeded to take anything stored in the backseat out and put away in the Unit. I made a stop at the Office finding our Mailbox still empty.

I stopped at the Rose City Ford Body Shop. The replacement Window came in last week but was damaged so it was returned and reordered. The second Window arrived as we were speaking. We now have to drop the Truck off next Tuesday for its repair.

I was home after 11:00. Kathy had an Apple for breakfast and was at her Computer when I walked in.

For lunch we recreated the Leftover Stir-Fry into Veggie Wraps with Shredded Mozzarella Cheese. We also finished the Leftover Strawberry/Rhubarb Pie along with a Yogurt Cup for dessert.

The afternoon was spent getting caught up on Messages, News and Blogs. There were no other Job Ads of interest to consider.

With some Tomatoes in the Fridge and not wanting them to spoil I started prepping them to make Tomato/Cheese Soup. I have never seen Tomatoes with such thick skin. We were watching the 6 o’clock Local News while we ate supper. They reported on yesterday’s Provincial Election.

The Weather Network showed our temperature finally reached 79 F (26 C) later this afternoon.

We’ll see what tomorrow brings.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

What do you call bears with no ears?


B.

1 comment:

  1. Ah geez. So wait and see. Hurry up and wait. Etc. OK. Still have my fingers crossed. Your soup looks great!

    ReplyDelete