It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, June 20, 2022

Early Exercise, Nice T Shirt and 135.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

It seems the more often I lengthen the amount of time that I’m out of bed and active the better I sleep at night. I only recall Rolling over a single time throughout the night as well as being Finger Poked like the Pillsbury Doughboy by Kathy who subconsciously in her sleep was checking to see that I was still there. When the Alarm went off at 5:00 I was off for the races within seconds.

Having gotten things ready before going to bed I was out the door before 5:25 but there was a problem. Yesterday’s forecast had indicated we could see an early morning shower. Since I didn’t look outside before leaving the Apartment I didn’t grab any Rain Gear but I went for it anyways. I can’t run (haven’t been able to since I was a teenager) so by the time I reached the Car a bar of soap would have proved useful.

It was 5:38 by the time I walked into Planet Fitness. There were plenty of people already exercising but I had no problems using the equipment I needed. I managed to get Three Sets of all my exercises while even increasing the number of Repetitions in some cases. That Hot Shower felt wonderful. Lots of people commented on my Special T Shirt that I proudly wore this morning.

When I arrived at the building I noticed Ron the Onsite Manager outside. I had a few questions for him and he answered them as best as he could. He was also just as frustrated as I was about the order the Building Updates were being done. We both agreed on that the Elevators and Laundry Rooms should have been done before a lot of apartment upgrades such as the New Toilettes. I also inquired about a Pickup Truck that arrived in the parking lot days after its completion. It’s not often someone has a vehicle with Three and a Half Flat Tires. I’ll try to get a picture when it’s not raining.

Kathy was already up doing some chores when I walked in just before 9:00. We also seem to sleep better with the Window open rather then the Air Conditioner going. It was past 10:00 by the time we settled in at our Computers without even having a snack for breakfast.

Veggie Wrap with Shredded Cheese.

Since we want to do some grocery shopping soon we chose to do more cleaning in the Fridge for lunch. I reheated the Leftover Stir-Fry to make us each a small sized Wraps. There was probably more Tortilla Wrap then fill. Kathy cleaned up some Apples and created Baked Apples with them adding Butter, Brown Sugar, Cinnamon, Ginger and Nutmeg. You can’t make a tastier dessert.

I spoke with my Sister Anna for a short while. She had left me a message the other day but all that showed up was her name. It has happen to her before messaging her son-in-law. She lives in London Ontario and recently they have been getting some bad storms and the Trees in her neighbourhood are all Old Growth. Both her neighbour and her no longer have to worry about their Trees.

We headed out the door around 3:00 making our first stop at Rose City Ford. I wanted to know what is taking so long with our Truck. Apparently they were able to just replace the Center Glass that had been broken but when they tried to operate it there was a grinding sound coming from the Motor. It has been nearly Two Weeks that it was ordered and is somewhere in the city of Detroit waiting to be shipped less the Ten Miles over the International Border to Windsor.

From there we drove to Guardian Storage to pick up our Mail. Kathy’s package had also arrived.

One of the letters was from Vital-Aire saying our Insurance had not fully paid them. That was fine since we were heading that way. They share the old Red Cross building with Canadian Blood Services so I walked around to fix things up. Imagine my surprise when there was a sign in the door saying they had moved last month and the new address. I’ll deal with it in the morning.

I went to the Canadian Blood Services and since I had completed the On-Line Questionnaire this morning I was back at the Car in less then Thirty Minutes after having given my 135th Blood Donation. They all liked my Blood Donor T Shirt as well.

As a tradition we planned to eat out. Driving over to Arby’s we settled for their Greek Gyros and Small Soft Drinks for supper. They are filling.

We stopped to check a Laundromat we used to frequent. It’s still open and opens at 7:30 in the morning. I think I’ll be giving them a try the way the condition of the Laundry Rooms has deteriorated in our building.

We were feeling full from supper so we went to Canadian Tire to walk some of it off. Kathy looked around the Kitchen Section while I checked out Tools. Like another of my T Shirts says “You can never have too many Tools”. We both walked out empty handed.

Tomorrow was supposed to be busy but after collecting our Mail today it will be even busier.

On the longest day of the year look at the 
Low Humidity.

The Weather Network showed our temperature felt like 91 F (33 C) and will be hotter tomorrow.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

The greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not our circumstances.

Martha Washington, first First Lady of the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment