It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, October 1, 2026

A List and Stockpiling.

Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Being connected for Eight Hours between Two CPAP Machines is not the same as sleeping for Eight Hours. It was a restless night, with lots of Shoulder Pain, causing me to travel back and forth repeatedly. I was more than tired but like I said before. the Shoulder Surgery cannot get here fast enough. At least once it is over, I may be sore for a short time but it will eventually pass.

I barely had time to open the Balcony Blind and start getting things ready for breakfast, when I heard noise in the Bedroom. It was brighter than when I woke and the bedding was looking totally in place. With everything served, Coffees included, Kathy had to be told to come and eat.

Our Plans for the day included making a Shopping List so nothing would be forgotten. The reason was mentioned before, once the Surgery takes place, I will have to restrain my lifting and Liquids are not light. Simple absent-mindedly lifting that weight could undo any repairs that would be made, so I am trying to build our stockpile while we can.

Every time I turned around, the List was growing, even while I was making lunch. We shared a Bacon/Veggie Omelette. Though I always get the Lion’s Share of that dish, Kathy still passed off what she could not eat. Since it was mostly Vegetables, I did not mind. After allowing some digestion to take place, we cleaned up the Dishes and Kitchen. I surprised myself afterwards that I have dropped Fourteen Pounds and the hardest thing I have done was walking. Over Thirty Years ago the loss was higher but so was the physical exertion. Time will help me to reach my goal.

Since this was Thursday, the first place we stopped was Shoppers Drug Mart, to take advantage of Seniors Discount Day. Unfortunately, the Discount does not apply to products already On Sale. Our total Savings today was only Thirty Dollars, plus we got a Ten-Dollar Discount Card for any future purchases.

Our next stop was back to Canadian Tire. After checking the size of the Collapsible Crate at home, we returned to purchase Two, today. They are sturdier than the one I fell on and taller so the Plastic Bottles they will hold will not be taller than the Crate.

It was just after 4:00, when we stopped at Wendy’s for supper. We have manipulated their Coupons so many times, we don’t have to repeat the order. The longtime employees all know what it is. We still get other customers staring at our Tray while there is hardly anything on theirs.

It was not until we were inside Zehr’s grocery store that I realized I wanted to go to Dollarama first. Looking at the time, we decided that we had made the right call after all. With more people doing their grocery shopping on Thursdays, the shelves were fully stocked with lots of our usual choices at discounted prices.

Back at our building, our Folding Two-Wheeled Shopping-Cart was groaning with its load, and I had left some in the Car. We walked in the Apartment just as the “6 o’clock Local News” was starting. While Kathy watched, I put the Frozen Foods and Dairy Products away, including the Eggs.

I finished just as they were giving a final view of the coming forecast, but I did not believe it. Opening up the Radar on my Computer, it did not take long to know that his forecast covered more than our area.

We had Planned on watching a joint “Law and Order” and “Law and Order, Special Victims Unit” special, but it was preempted by a Baseball Game. Thinking it might end soon, we listened for Twenty Minutes before the announcer finally mentioned that they were only in the Third Inning. Off it went!

With my Pre-Op Appointment tomorrow, we’ll go to Dollarama to finish our stockpiling.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam including personal advertisements.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.


Krackers

When is a door not a door?


When it’s ajar.

No comments:

Post a Comment