It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, October 5, 2026

Touch Ups and Insulin.

Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

I have been experimenting with different things as a way of possibly improving my sleep habits. Though I have not seen any major successes, there have been a few noticeable differences. Given time may add up to something significant. Again, my night started in my Recliner and finished in Bed this morning but it nearly did not happen.

Since the temperatures have moderated to being comfortable, we have not had to cycle the Air Conditioner before going to sleep. I also mentioned sometime back that I am comfortably warm tipped back in my Recliner, but the moment I lay down in Bed, that changes. At 6:00 this morning I woke to my feet feeling like blocks of Ice. Fortunately, I knew exactly where to find my Warm Winter Socks. Fifteen Minutes later, my feet were warm and I slept until 8:10.

With everything ready for our breakfast snack, I was again able to complete my morning E-Reading before going to coax Kathy to start her day.

With our Coffees at our Computers, we took a break to accomplish a forgotten choir. When we purchased our Recliners in 2024, we made certain to have Chair Covers for them before they were delivered. We have noticed some discolouring taking place, so thought we would rectify that today.

We brought them down to the Laundry Room and washed them separately, before drying them together using no Heat. They looked like they were new.

We reviewed our stockpile and were certain we would be good for a few weeks after my Shoulder Surgery, so we though about going out walking. It would only reach 63 F (17 C) with a slight westerly breeze, perfect for walking outside. Kathy preferred walking in Stores so she could look at Things.

As we headed out after 1:30, Kathy also mentioned that she was slightly Hungry. I was not feeling hungry and had totally forgot about lunch.

We went to Popeye’s for a change. Like other fast food places we have been going to, the young woman at the cash already knew what I was going to order. One difference is that they now call the small $4.00 Chicken Sandwich a Slider, just like other chains are doing. Those are just the right size to satisfy our hunger without being over filling.

It was then time to do some walking, so we headed over to Walmart. Once inside Kathy insisted I lead the way, but she had said she wanted to look at Things. I walked through the Grocery Section and before I knew it we had another load of groceries to bring home.

I probably could have struggled to bring it upstairs by hand, but why take the chance of causing more damage to my Shoulder. In the process of putting more Canned Goods away, we found some outdated things (From the Trailer) that ended up in the trash. It also lead to switching the contents of Two Shelves to the other, making them a better fit.

Karen called to see how we were doing and offering to help with our shopping. When she heard of our Stockpile, she offered to bring over Insulin to bring our sugar down, not realizing how long this will last us for.

When the “6 o’clock Local News” started, our Planned supper got moved to tomorrow. Instead we shared a Store-Bought Thin-Crust Medium Chicken Pizza.

We later watched a few things on the History Channel.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam including personal advertisements.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.


Krackers

Religious Bumper Sticker


O Lord, Save Me From Your Followers

No comments:

Post a Comment