It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Truck’s In, Old Man and Needing A Fix.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Not wanting to be late for our 9:00 appointment this morning I set the Alarm before going to bed. As I mentioned the other day it seems that whenever that happens my Subconscious goes on heightened alert causing me to Toss and Turn most of the night rather then allowing me to get a restful sleep. I finally got up and shut the Alarm Five Minutes before it was set to go off.

We grabbed a Muffin and a Juice to go with our morning Medications. We took long enough to check how much more Rain we could expect before heading out the door.

Our destination was Rose City Ford to drop off the Truck. This was for repairs needed after the Truck was broken into. Kathy followed me in the Car. After simply signing the Insurance Repair Form and we were on our way.

Again we stopped at McDonald’s where we used another Coupon and had their Bacon McMuffins for breakfast. It was sometimes hard to hear one another because of all the Retirees getting together for their morning Coffee.

Lite Drizzle outside.

Back at the Apartment I received a Text from the Job Agency saying that the Company had passed on taking me on. My response was they are biased towards my Age. Her response was “Probably” but she’ll continue watching for me. Later this evening Kathy reminded me how her kids thought I was an Old Man when we first started dating. Kathy doesn’t look her age.

Since we eaten a late breakfast and we weren’t very active neither of us were hungry for lunch. Later in the afternoon the Sun started to break through the Clouds giving us something to cheer for. Then at 4:30 I received a call from the Dealership saying we could pick up the Truck but they had to order another part to finish the job. I plainly told them it was staying there until it was finished. I don’t think they liked that answer but why did they not have all the parts before they started.

We had Sauteed Potato Slices with a Sauteed Salmon Fillet with Brussels Sprouts for supper. The Carbonated Juice helped our celebration just like the Seedless Watermelon we had for dessert.

In last night’s Krackers it contained a comment made by a fictional character in the TV Series MASH. That particular character had a habit of thinking without using common sense. I apologize if it struck a wrong cord with anyone.

Since the we were waiting to pick up the Truck today I delayed starting my By-Monthly chore the Laundry. As soon as the Dishes were done I started sorting everything then headed to the Laundry Rooms. There are so many machines down right now I was moving from one floor to the other. I think we’ll start using an Outside Laundromat until the New Management Company fixes the Laundry Room in the building as they promised. I’ve been writing this post between loads and will have it ready to publish as soon as I return to the Apartment.

The Weather Network showed our temperature reached 70 F (21 C) and tomorrow will be cooler.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

A healthy sleep not only makes your life longer but also shortens the workday.



1 comment:

  1. So sorry that the job never paned out for you. It would have been a good fit. As to the part for the truck, I have given with vehicle repairs.

    ReplyDelete