It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Who Should Be Charged?

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

This morning I was able to enjoy a more relaxed drive into work. By simply getting up Ten Minutes earlier and no precipitation to make things more challenging there was a lot less traffic to contend with.

After getting checked in Mile thanked me for finishing the Feedscrew last evening but did not realize it would take so long. There was no work for the PTA today but there were a number of touch ups and repairs to be dealt with. He showed me the most urgent jobs that needed my attention.

When 6:00 rolled around the first thing I did was to start draining the 410 Stainless Steel Powder from the Plasma Transfer Arc Welder left over from yesterday’s job. That short amount of time allowed Jason to use the Overhead Crane to mount the Feedscrew he was going to polish in the machine. Since there are limited Cranes in the Plant I loaded the Two Jobs that Mile had requested to free them up for later. That gave me all of Ten Minutes before the 7:00 crew started their shift to start welding.

An Hour here a couple there and a few more touch ups were brought to my attention. By lunch time I had already repaired Three Large Feedscrews and replaced the Argon Cylinder on the TIG Welder. When I spoke with Kathy at lunch I mentioned that it looked like I could be leaving by 3:30. She was happy to hear that.

There were Three more jobs that made their way to my bench. Even Gabriel and Jovoh complimented my TIG Welding abilities saying they had little cleanup to do after my touch ups.

It was just after 3:00 while I was finishing the last repair of the day when a long faced Mile came to talk to me. He said I have not been logging in all the Jobs I’d been doing in the Computer. I said that anything that needed welding I did. He explained my Time has to be charged to those jobs so I have to start logging in. The system didn’t work before so I stopped trying. Before I retired doing Thirty Jobs in a Twelve Hour Day was not uncommon and I never had to log it in. Times have changed. I filled in a Paper Time Card for today with Six entrees.

As per usual I called Kathy I was heading home. She informed me our package had arrived at Guardian Storage and I needed to pick it up.

When I arrived at Guardian Storage Melissa immediately told me that Box belongs to you. The Five Gallon Pail of Roof Sealant was inside the Box that had gotten reshaped so it could no longer be picked up be hand. I simply cut the Box open removed the Pail before totally dismantling the Box. Instead of risking someone might steel the Pail from the Truck I dropped it off in our Storage Unit where I’ll get it on Saturday. When I got to our building I added the Box to the Recycle Bins.

We do most of our banking with the Credit Union but we don’t like to keep all our savings in one account. I had to call our TD Bank to get some information. Their system is called Easy Web but it takes about Ten Minutes just to get through the Phone Maze to talk with someone. After explaining what I was wanting to know the knowledgeable person easily answered all the questions asked.

For supper we cleaned up the Leftover Chicken Wings along with a Salad. Our Fridge freezes almost everything inside so that’s why the Chicken lasted so long.

I don't think we'll see this again until late Spring.

According to the Weather Guessers my ability to apply the Roof Sealant could be hampered this weekend.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Two atoms were talking to each other, the first atom said “I’ve lost an electron.”

The second atom asked, “Are you sure?”

The first atom answered, I’m positive!”

No comments:

Post a Comment