It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, September 1, 2022

Fill In Day, All Signed and Long Wait.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Even before the start of the shift I was told there would be a number of repairs and touch-ups I’d need to do throughout the day. I did have the 10” Feedscrew mounted and on preheat before Alec came in for his shift.

The first touch-up was filling Four pin sized holes in the side of a Flight. It may sound a bit picky but the surfaces on those Flights and Bearing Surfaces are like mirrors and must be perfect.

Next I had to build the ends of the Mixers on another unit. The unskilled Machinists managed to add a step into the Flights that should not be there. Wayne could not believe that I was laying a bead half the diameter of the Filler Rod that was being used. That meant the Final Inspection Machinist had all Three Flights perfectly finished in Five Minutes.

Finally I had to fill a single pin hole on a Bearing Surface. This surface has caused a lot of problems lately so Alec and myself have been trying different things to improve the way the Plasma Transfer Arc Welder is applying the hardened surface material. Between my Welding Experience and his knowledge of controlling the Machine we may have solved the problem but I was told today we might not know for a Month.

It was nearly lunch by the time I was able to get back to my training and even after that I was still asked to spot a few quick repairs. With a late afternoon appointment pending I managed to punch out by 3:42.

There wasn’t enough time for me to go home and drive out to LaSalle with Kathy so she drove the Car out there. She parked in the shade by the Marina waiting for me to arrive. We try to update our Wills every Five to Six Years because there are always changes that happen in that amount of time. We had to sit an entire Minute before seeing Elizabeth. She has advised us through Home Purchases and Sales along with our personal wishes many times. She was quite surprised to hear that I was back in the workforce but told me to enjoy.

On such an important day I thought it would be nice to celebrate and support a worthwhile cause at the same time. Kathy followed me through the back roads to our destination. I’ve been a Legion Member for over Twenty-Five Years as a way to honour Veterans who fought for the Freedoms we have today. Many Branches had to get creative when it came to paying the bills during the Coronavirus Shutdowns and this Branch started Take-Out Food Sales. When Members were allowed to return the expanded menus also continued.

It was only a matter of a few minutes before our order was taken by the Waitress. By the time I returned from the bar with our drinks so had the Waitress. They had just sold the last of what we ordered. The second order was placed at 4:50.

We enjoyed talking but started noticing people who had come in long after we had were eating and leaving. Where was our food we asked. We both had Headaches and the fact that I had nursed my first beer in Three Years did not feel safe enough to drive on an empty stomach. When I got Kathy another drink at the Bar I complained that it was an Hour and a Half since we placed our orders and were still waiting. Suddenly the Waitresses appeared shocked that our food was not ready yet. At 6:40 our food arrived. They didn’t even ask for payment until after we’d finished eating and our Headaches started to subside.

One of the Four Halls at the Legion.

Apparently there were Two Funeral Dinners, One Pool Tournament, Four Large Table orders along with Two Waitresses not showing up. We will continue supporting the Legions (V.F.W.s) but we will not wait that long for our food again.

It was late enough when we got home to start writing the Blog. Tomorrow Kathy will have to run a few errands we did not get to tonight.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.

A.A. Milne, English Author.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you know what your doing because it's hard for me to follow the welding processes you do at work. It is nice that you support your local VFW, but wow, that was a long wait for your food!

    ReplyDelete