It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, September 23, 2022

Above My Pay Grade.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

I was surprised that I walked into the Plant before Jason did this morning which meant there were very few lights on. As soon as I had my Coveralls on I headed back to the PTA. I already knew what I would be working on but there was still lots of Powder to take out of the Number 2 Bin. It was just a matter of turning on the Argon then the Power to the unit then hit a few buttons before enjoying my Coffee.

As soon as the clock hit 6:00 I started loading the Feedscrew into the Plasma Transfer Arc Welder. There were two things different about this unit with the first being there was still lots of Plastic Residue caked to it. The heat and a wire brush would make quick work of that and this was a Left-Handed Feedscrew unlike all the Right-Handed units I’ve done to this point. The difference when welding them on the PTA is the Right-Handed units you start from the Shank welding to the end. On a Left-Handed unit you start from the end welding towards the Shank but they are both turning Clockwise.

It was nearly 8:00 by the time the Powder had been drained and the Screw cleaned off. All the Calculations had been put in and the only thing left to do was push on the Begin To Weld Button. Strangely the Arc did not come on. I double checked my numbers and everything looked good. Four more times the Machine did not start. Checking the Printout for trouble shooting it mentioned everything I already thought about. When the Sixth Attempt brought the same result I informed Mile.

When I suggested that he might know better then I did he responded saying the Alec and I knew more about that Machine then the rest of the crew combined and Alec was on vacation. He called in an Electrician that he knows and we worked together for nearly an Hour. Checking inside the Control Pendant a Wire had become detached from the switch Switch. The next time I pushed on the Begin To Welder Button it fired right up.

Working through my lunch (we simply mark NL on our Time Cards and get paid) by the time I added Three Layers of Powder on the Feedscrew then buried it in the Sandbox it was past 3:30 when I punched out.

As soon as I walked in the Apartment I started cooking a Store Bought Thin Crust Pizza for our supper. That gave me just enough time to check my E-Mail before it was done. It was more then enough to feed us comfortably. By 4:30 I was headed to the shower. By 5:00 we were on our way out the door.

This is Fall not Spring.

We headed over to our daughter Rose’s home to celebrate our granddaughter Maryam’s Second Birthday. It also gave us a chance to visit with Rose and Munaf. Two Hours later a little one was ready for bed and so was I. We gave our hugs and headed for home.

Even though I’m not going to work tomorrow we have work to do.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

My bakery burned down last night.

Now my business is toast.

1 comment:

  1. That rose is gorgeous!

    I can not believe your little granddaughter is already two years old I remember when you announced on your blog that your daughter was pregnant...time sure flies by!

    ReplyDelete