It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, September 12, 2022

An Unplanned Day.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Being as tired as I was last night I managed to get to bed earlier than thought possible. It really didn’t matter because I kept waking every Half Hour until 4:00. The reason for that was the Plan to work on another Large Feedscrew at would take the next Two Days kept playing through my mind. Even though I had been in bed longer the little undisturbed sleep that I had gotten was not enough when the Alarm went off at 5:00.

Luckily Kathy always makes my Lunch the night before and I have everything ready to make my Coffee and Breakfast all set up for quick access.

Arriving at Windsor Feedscrew before 6:00 besides punching in we still have our Temperatures taken daily. A leftover precaution from the Coronavirus. Masks are left to everyone’s personal discretion. We also let Mile know what job we are working on. When I mentioned the job that was past due Mile had other ideas.

Since my arrival as part of the crew a Month ago my welding skills have been put to the test. Now that word of my fine work with the TIG has gotten out every time there is a flaw the size of a speck I have to fix it.

First he brought me to the Inspection Table where Three jobs were waiting along with Another on the Welding Table by the Sandbox. Then he brought me to One on a Skid. The Lathe Operator accidentally shaved an extra .040 of an Inch off the Shank and this Feedscrew is made of Stainless Steal.

Like my Planned events this Planned Job got shelved but for good reason. Three of the Four jobs were finished on the spot then boxed and shipped which means money will again be coming to the Company. While I was setting up the Stainless Steal Feedscrew in the Plasma Transfer Arc Welder another Oops was brought over to the Inspection Table.

I surprised Kathy when I called today because I wasn’t sure I would have the chance and told her so last night. Due to the change in the Job it became possible.

Tomorrow the Polishers will finish that job while I start the Stainless Feedscrew as early as possible so I might be able to leave at a decent time. It was 4:00 when I punched out today.

We hate wasting food so after sitting for a few minutes I started making another Veggie Stir-Fry. If there was a Vegetable in the Fridge it got chopped up and put in the Wok. We were watching the 6 o’clock Local News by the time we ate supper. We also had Chocolate Cake with Strawberries drizzled with Chocolate Sauce for dessert along with the Carbonated Juice (Fake Wine) we had to drink.

Apparently parts of Windsor got the forecasted Rain for the area but we stayed dry. That explains why our high temperature was so low. I wonder if the same will happen tomorrow.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Why did the hipster burn his mouth on his coffee?


Because he drank it before it was cool.

3 comments:

  1. I find that now that I am (ahem) older, things on the list for the next day run through my mind when I am aiming to sleep. Did you always do that when you had a big job ahead? Or is it because you are (ahem) older. Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a foreman (in my working days) in a welding and machine shop, I think it is passed time for new machinist where you are working.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got interesting job assignments and it makes for fascinating reading. I bet you love the challenges.

    ReplyDelete