It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, September 8, 2022

On My Own and Getting Connected.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

I don’t plan on making this a habit but I was once again welding by 6:00 this morning. It seems that they have lots of repairs to do along with a backlog of jobs that have not been completed. Having Machinists that don’t pay attention to the sounds a Machine makes when something is going wrong is not exceptable. After voicing my opinion to Mile about the situation they were read the Riot Act and things seem to be improving.

As soon as that repair was completed I returned to the Plasma Transfer Arc Machine. As soon as it was energized I was able to start rotating the Feedscrew and start preheating it just like a Barbecue on a spit by 6:30. There was no worries of overdoing it since the material was Ten Inch in diameter and Fifteen Feet long. Using the Temperature Sticks to see when the welding could begin it was nearly 9:00 before the first arc was made on this job.

That however did not stop a number of small repairs and touch ups from needing to be done. I had been trying to pick Alec’s brain for anything that I felt uncertain about. Once I had started the welding I was again pulled way leaving Alec to monitor it to be certain it would stay on track.

The Feedscrew was only half welded when I said good bye to him at 12:30 wishing him a good vacation. Just because it was lunchtime the job does not stop and you cannot leave it unattended so you simply keep an eye through the screen and eat what you can. Strangely even though I know of welding repairs that were needed there was nobody bothering me to get them done because they knew Alec had left the building.

It was 2:30 when I shut the Burner and the Machine off. The Flights were all welded. I then had to use the Crane to move this Feedscrew to the Sandbox. Tomorrow I’ll be remounting this same Feedscrew back in the PTA to weld the Bearing Surface. When that is completed it will spend the weekend under the Sand slowly cooling off. All this to hard surface these shafts to give them wearability and a long life.

I finally briefly spoke with Kathy verifying that we’d meet at the Credit Union. She informed me of the passing of Queen Elizabeth II. Even at 96 Years of age she had been performing her duties just Two Days before.

Since this was Payday when the 3:30 buzzer went off the place suddenly went empty. I parked the Truck right next to Kathy in the Car at Motor City Community Credit Union. After depositing my Cheque both Kathy and I with our Laptops worked with separate tellers. Eventually we were both happy that our Computers could access our accounts again.

When we walked into our Apartment the aroma of the Spare Ribs that Kathy had been cooking in the Crockpot filled the air. I sliced up the Zucchini that our son and daughter-in-law had sent home with us. That was perfect for supper and Kathy served a slice of Pecan Pie as dessert.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

What does the man in the moon do when his hair gets too long?


Eclipse it!

1 comment:

  1. Nice you were able to get your banking taken care of. Dinner looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete