It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, September 19, 2022

Getting Built Up.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Since I’ve been rushing to get to work earlier I thought I’d set the Alarm ahead by Ten Minutes. It seemed my body had other ideas so I still had to rush to get there early. Mother Nature also threw in a good dose of Thunderstorms for the drive. It was more scenic but slowed traffic down considerably.

Checking in with Mile he was in agreement with the job I was going to work on but he had to show me something first. The Large Feedscrew that I built the Shank with Stainless Steel last week was too soft. Using the portable Hardness Tester he showed me how some spots were Hard while others were Soft. Since I had used the stock we had in the Hotbox there was no telling how long ago it got mixed up.

By 6:00 I had the Burner going to warm up the Three Inch Unit that needed the Spline and Gas Grove built up. Since Alec has left for vacation I have been unable to use the automatic feature on the PTA to build these flat surface areas. I would spend the next Five Hours manually resetting the starting point for each bead and even then the weld would occasionally take off diagonally causing me to hit the Quick Stop Button.

I actually sat in the Truck to enjoy my lunch break and to talk to Kathy. She was all excited because Guardian Storage had called to say a parcel had been delivered. It was a Book from our Longtime Friend Nick Russell. She didn’t know that I ordered it so it was a joyous surprise. We now have over Forty of his books on our shelf.

I had to fill Three Pinholes on a unit otherwise ready for delivery before I finished burying the Feedscrew that I’d worked on all morning in the Sandbox. Then Mile told me the other Feedscrew he’d showed me this morning was ready for me to work on. This meant draining the 309 Stainless from the #2 Bin. It may sound easy but the Computer Controller on the PTA kept kicking out a Fault saying there was a Low Argon Gas Level and it is used to empty the Powder Bin. I knew the Computer was lying because it was a fresh Cylinder and it was showing full pressure on the gauge.

By the end of the shift I had that Feedscrew mounted with the Safeties in place. The Burner is in position for the morning and the Stainless Steel is nearly empty but easy enough to finish in the morning before I put the Harder Material in its place.

Since it was so humid it felt good to leave after Nine Hours a 3:34. Kathy was equally happy to see me home early.

For supper we had Banana Pancakes with a piece of Black Forest Cake for dessert.

The Weather Guessers are all saying we can expect cooler temperatures for the start of Fall.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

A computer once beat me at chess

but it was no match for me at kickboxing.

2 comments:

  1. Ha. I looked up Nick Russell. You've got 40. Well sounds like you have 48 more to go. Prolific!!

    ReplyDelete