It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Rotary Stepover Resolve.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Nature was much more cooperative this morning and with the dry roads I safely made it to the Plant with time to spare. Even before I sat to talk with Jason I had already activated the PTA so that the 309 Stainless Steel would continue to drain. We had a few laughs before starting the challenges of our day.

Minutes after 6:00 the Burner was in place warming the Shank on the Feedscrew. Once the 309 had been emptied I was able to refill the Bin with 410 Stainless. It may sound silly going from one Stainless Steel to another but the 410 is a much harder material. It can only be ground off while the softer 309 can be machined without damaging the tooling.

After the success I had operating the Plasma Transfer Arc yesterday my confidence had improved. The moment I hit the Begin Weld Button that all changed when the Torch immediately took a diagonal track across the Shack. The same thing happened Three More Times and I couldn’t see the cause. All the boxes had numbers within their limits as I had been told by Ted last week after this had happened for no apparent reason. Doing exactly what I’d done before the Fifth Time the Torch fired right up and began doing what I wanted it to do.

It was nearly 1:00 when the first pass (layer) was completed and I needed to do a quick reheat before starting the next layer. This was also when I called Kathy saying I more then likely would be home late.

As soon as I hit the Begin Weld Button the same thing as this morning started. What was happening resembled what it was supposed to do (Rotary Stepover) after making a pass (circle) around the part. I found a button on the Touch Screen that would allow me to leave the settings in place while shutting them off. The next time I hit the Begin Weld Button the welding process started flawlessly. After a couple inches of weld I reset the Button to allow the Stepover to take place. After Eleven Minutes and Five Seconds the Torch shifted over to run another bead lapping slightly over the first.

As the machine continued to add another layer of Hard Surfacing Material I started playing with more buttons as well as monitoring the process. The end result was wider beads, less rotations and the welding was finished by 6:30 instead of later. It was another Thirty Minutes before I had everything shut down and the Feedscrew buried in the Sandbox for very slow cooling.

Punching out at 7:08 I immediately let Kathy know I was on my way and that it was Raining like crazy.

When I walked in the Apartment Kathy was already serving up supper. We had Salmon Fillets along with Vegetable Fried Rice and Date Squares for dessert. We also had Carbonated Juice (Fake Wine) as a refreshment.

That was more Hours then I care to work in a day. Here’s hoping tomorrow is a better day.

I checked our Blog and all the Blogs on our Sidebar that had been Encrypted are now back to the way they should be.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You think that the Styrofoam cooler is the greatest invention of all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment