It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, September 4, 2022

Job Ads and A Special Birthday Celebration.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Even with the extra sleep I had on Friday Night it just was not enough. Knowing I could sleep slightly later I was shocked when my eyes kept blinking and the Clock would change an Hour each time I did. Even then as I tried to get a better sense of balance I just felt off kilter.

Kathy was already finishing one of her morning chores when I served her Banana Pancake for breakfast. The Clouds filled the sky and with the Northerly Breeze coming from the front of the building we only had to open the Balcony Door to feel comfortable.

We spent the morning on the Computers. In my case I had more then Fifty Job Ads to check over. I’m happy with the job I am presently doing but if I’m only there to fill in for Alec while he is away I want to be ready to get back out there. If they keep me on then I’ve only wasted some time reading what is out there. They seem happy with my work especially when they say they can’t believe how I can repair edges with such small beads of metal.

For lunch I made Veggie Omelettes using Leftover Stir-Fry for filling. At least the Eggs held together this week but I did add more Vegetables then needed. Better to fill up on them then that piece of Chocolate Cake.

After cleaning up the Dishes it wasn’t long before we were heading out the door and we were bringing our Raincoats. The Weather Networked showed a very wet afternoon but we were ready. Having been told to bring our Lawn Chairs we had to return to our Storage Unit because I forgot to grab them yesterday.

After accomplishing that as soon as we got to the corner we saw the Train Guards come down and traffic come to a standstill. This is where all the Slow Moving Freight Trains pass so I pulled a U-Turn and headed back to the Expressway. As we drove by the location but on the Expressway we still could not see the end of the Train and it was shuttling back and forth. That would make for a good Hour wait.

We arrived at Christine’s right on time. We had barely gotten in the door when the Rain started coming down. We left our chairs in the Car.

We were there to help celebrate her brother Dwayne’s 42nd Birthday even though it was Three Days ago. The problem was that he and his wife Jennie could not fly out of Nova Scotia until Friday. I personally remember holding Dwayne 42 Years Ago when he was only Ten Minutes Old. I remember his first Camping Trip at the age of Seven and taking him to his first Major League Ball Game in Detroit at Twelve Years Old. I remember singing Happy Birthday to him on his Fifth Birthday at 12:01 in the morning because his Dad’s boat broke down and we spent the night out on the lake before being towed in the next morning.

Today Dwayne and Jennie announced they will be becoming parents in March. That added to our celebration. They are both employed by the Nova Scotia Department of Corrections. Unlike 42 Years ago Dwayne stands Six Foot-Ten and a Half Inches tall and weighs a lean 350 Pounds.

Dwayne and Christine.

Besides enjoying everyone’s company we had Hamburgers and Potato Salad to go along with the Birthday Cake that Christine made for her little brother. With more visiting we finally said our good byes at 7:30.

Back at the Apartment I had things to do to get ready for our busy Labour Day.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

I gave all my dead batteries away today. Free of charge.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Dwayne as well as congratulations to him and his wife on the future baby.

    Is Christine your daughter-in-law?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your reasoning about checking the new job ads. Meanwhile by doing this new job you are stimulating your brains cells. All to the good.

    ReplyDelete