It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Another One Of Those Days and Talking To Kathie.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Surprisingly I slept soundly last night only waking when the Alarm woke me this morning. That was a lot different then Sunday Night but after reading today’s Comments it brought back other memories. When I had retired if Kathy would suggest making something I hardly slept until it was nearly built. I would go to bed only to have my mind racing designing every detail. From making the Wooden Water Cart that doubled as extra Counter Space to the Wooden Breadbox with the Weather Gauges built in. When I wired in the Solar Panels and Inverters in our Trailer I spent many wakeful nights and it wasn’t from the Coffee.

I managed to drive Three Blocks from our building this morning when the Rain started coming down. Fortunately I park closer to the Plant then where we live so I was only slightly damp by the time I got inside.

As mentioned yesterday I had to repair a Stainless Steal Feedscrew that some new Machinist made an Oops on last week. As soon as I got to the Plasma Transfer Arc Welder I turned the Power on so I could get the rotation going before turning on the Burners to heat it up. With less heat needed I was ready to start the welding process by 6:45.

I mentioned last Friday the problems I had with this machine not wanting to rotate the Feedscrew and solving it by rebooting it. It is mostly a Computer run mechanism. Today after getting everything lined up when I pushed the Start Weld Button the Torch repeatedly powered down and pulled away instead. After checking for any Physical Problems I started looking at possibilities in the settings.

After loosing over an Hour I let Mile in on the problem. Being the Owner of the business he knew less then I do about it. I showed him what was happening. I showed Vinnie the Engineer but they knew nothing. They called the 1-800 Number to the Company that produced the Machine. With the lead Technician out setting up more equipment the only thing they could do was give us his Cell Number.

For the next Hour and a Half I spoke with Ted on Mile’s Phone using Facetime. This allowed Ted to see all the Screens on the Control Pod. By 10:30 between Ted and I working together we had it going. He noticed that some of the Entree Boxes only had Zeros in them. Every box requires at least a .001 to make it work.

After hanging up and getting One Rotation welded the PTA again stopped working. Rebooting the Computer was not helping. The Numbers we had just entered had all disappeared like they had last week. When I got it going the Welds that should have been precisely made looked like an abstract made by a child. Mile’s response was do what you can but it had to be finished by the end of the day.

When I got it welding it would not move over to form a continuing bead. I then had to manually control the knobs to control it myself. What would get frustrating was when the PTA would again suddenly stop. I would then have to try This and That before getting it going again only to have it repeat this problem an Hour later. Computers are great when they work but when they don’t.

Mile verified that I would get it finished before he left for the day at 5:00. I had to retouch a few spots but got it buried in the Sandbox for the night and punched out at 6:15. Unlike my last job anything over an Eight Hour Day pays Overtime though I’d rather go home at the end of my shift.

It was nearly 7:00 when I walked in the Apartment. Kathy made Macaroni and Cheese to go with the Chicken Wings we had gotten at the grocery store Deli last week. She also served Chocolate Chip Muffins for dessert.

Since the Water in the building was temporarily turned off today Kathy was able to go visit with our friend Kathie. She was able to advise her on how not to treat her mother who is battling Alzheimer. Kathie thought it was necessary to insist her mother remember things and people but the Disease has already destroyed that ability. Her insistence has cause problems with other family members.

We both hope tomorrow is a better day.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

All we have is today. Just live it. We don’t know about tomorrow. So enjoy the day. Love yourself and spread love around.

Charlotte Rae, actress, comedienne, and singer

4 comments:

  1. Your last job didn't pay you overtime? I don't know about Canadian laws but if that happened here, someone would be calling Wage and Hour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a very stressful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad Kathy was able to help Kathie. Hope Kathie paid attention!! As for your job, my mind boggles. At least you are being treated well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. So even when you were younger you worked on projects when you were sleeping. Well...not all old age then. I used to be able to turn them off unless they were REALLY very important.

      Delete