It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, September 15, 2022

A Major Oops and Replies.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

When I mentioned to Mile what I was going to work on this morning he had no problems with my choices. It’s always nice getting jobs closer to completion to guarantee the continuation of the Company.

I was just packing up the Portable Welding Screen when Jovoh indicated he wanted more metal on those locations. That only doubled the time I spent on the job this morning. When I had the chance to check the Blueprint all that extra metal would simply be shaved off.

I was about to start the other Feedscrew when Mile brought me to see another Oops. This was on a Ten Inch Diameter Feedscrew that someone accidentally shaved 120/Thousandths of an Inch off the height of the entire Flight. If that had not happened that Job would probably have been delivered tomorrow. This unit had already been Chrome Plated so now the question was could I weld it using the Plasma Transfer Arc Welder.

Remember last Friday and this Tuesday this Computerized Mechanism was doing things totally against the program that was controlling it. At first I was blaming myself but the more I played with it the more adept I was getting.

Mile suggested using a Scrap Feedscrew to test my newly found skill. What they brought over was what they said was a 100mm Screw. The program I brought up was having to be constantly adjusted to the Right. They suggested trying a different job. That was when they realized the first Feedscrew was not Scrap and was a 120mm Screw. That explained the constant adjustments.

Mile was so upset he asked me if I would mind coming in tomorrow. I had to remind him this was only Thursday and yes I would be in tomorrow.

I spoke with Kathy at lunch and mentioned I could be delayed plus I had to deposit my Pay-Cheque at the Credit Union.

The second Feedscrew turned out to be 140mm Diameter. After the preheat I got it started. With the regulator for the burner needing constant attention every time I returned to the Screen I had to recenter the weld to the Left. Exactly opposite of the other. I had to adjust it so much the Computer paused the job so I could reprogram the numbers with only Four Inches of weld to finish.

Even though the job was not perfect because of the drifting I got a pat on the back from Mile. After burying both those Feedscrews in the Sandbox I said good night to Mike. He told me the Special Feedscrew with the bad Oops I’ll weld in the morning was damaged by Mile. Yes the owner himself. When operating equipment like that when someone calls your name you stop the machine. Now I have to build it 200/Thousandths so it can be made to Specifications.

Kathy made Sweet and Sour Chicken Balls on Vegetable Fried Rice for supper along with Strawberries for supper.

For those just catching up our Trailer was repaired at the Factory in 2018. This job is keeping me challenged mentally which I am enjoying. Karma is definitely getting back at my former employer.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Know You're Over The Hill When At cafeterias,

you complain that the gelatin is too tough.

1 comment:

  1. That is the most tedious job I've ever heard of. Such small margins for error or success. I suppose there may be many more these days of the same sort of fine execution, but it's amazing to me.

    ReplyDelete