It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, September 29, 2022

No Sense, Delivering A Birthday Gift and Hurricane Horrors.

 

Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Even though I started at 6:00 it would be after 8:00 before I started welding a Left-Handed Feedscrew on the Plasma Transfer Arc this morning. With no Blueprint to get the measurements to enter on the Computer I used the information that was right in front of me the Feedscrew.

Alec had taught me that by using my Tape Measure I could find the different spacings between the Flights. When that happens it creates another Zone so this job had Two Zones. Then using the spacing between the Flights and the Diameter of the Screw you end up with numbers that will get you started. Once the welding begins you can adjust those numbers until you will only have to make minor adjustments on the controls.

Everyone in the Plant is waiting to get their hands on this Job but they all have to wait for me. Each pass deposits roughly Sixty-Five Thousands of an Inch of material so it took Three Passes and Seven Hours to accomplish this task.

When I was returning the Micrometer to the Cabinet I noticed another job in the OD Grinder. Kaliv said Mile told him that he had to grind it down so I could add more material. That made no sense whatsoever. He told me then you talk to Mile.

When I did he thought by grinding it down would be easier for me. When I explained he was wasting time, material and giving me a bigger job then necessary he listened closely. Instead of welding a single pass it would take three. Now Kaliv doesn’t have to grind the job that I’ll be welding tomorrow.

The sky started to clear after I left work.

I talked with Kathy before heading to Motor City Community Credit Union to do some banking.

Today's high temperature.

Earlier Kathy had gone to Walmart to exchange the Birthday Gift that was too small for Maryam. She then drove over to deliver it to Maryam herself. She wasn’t interested in the clothes but the added gift that Kathy brought never left her hands.

We had Banana Pancakes for supper for the same reasons as last night.

We’ve watched the News in horror at the destruction in Florida from the Deadly Hurricane. We have been to all the towns that were severely hit and have lots of Friends that live in those areas.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You know you’re getting old when you no longer think of speed limits as a challenge.

1 comment: