It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Forgotten Phone, Lots Of Repairs and Changing Places.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

It wasn’t until I was a block away from the Plant that I realized I had forgotten my Cell Phone at the Apartment which meant that I wouldn’t be able to call Kathy at lunch.

Once again I started working at 6:00 this morning so I could weld over a Positioning Hole. It took exactly the Hour to do before I headed over to the Plasma Transfer Arc Welding Machine.

There was plenty to do before Alec would arrive. There was adding more Hard Surface Powder to the bin along with cleaning the Torch then mounting the Four Inch Feedscrew in position to weld the Flights.

I was just finishing adjusting the program when Alec showed up and I am proud to announce that there were no Mistakes in any of today’s entrees. Alec as a way of testing me was going to leave me do the entire Flight which would take Four Hours but within seconds of starting the process I was called to another repair.

All those Years I spent doing Mold Repair has given me a big advantage of operating the TIG. What amazes me is how these Machinists can see Pinholes in the Metal that I have to use Cheater Glasses inside my Welding Shield that also has a Cheater Lens mounted inside before I can see them. My Optometrist said there is nothing wrong with my eyes.

After a few more repairs I finally was able to rejoin Alec just on time to finish welding the Flights. As I have mentioned before this Machine does all the work so the operator is there to monitor its actions and occasionally turn a knob to make adjustments. We even had it buried in the Sandbox before lunch to keep it warm.

It felt odd not being able to talk with Kathy so I cut my break short. Since we were changing the type of Powder we would use on the next Feedscrew before lunch I simply resumed the process. Alec worked with me to mount the next job which is a Ten Inch Shaft. Of course I was again pulled away do more repairs that had started to fill the Inspection Bench. Those Three Jobs were quickly dispatched before I headed back to the PTA. Thankfully the next Three jobs are identical so the Entrees made this afternoon will hold for them all. The fact that they each take Two Days to finish welding will take its toll because while I do that the repairs will have to wait.

What is important about being with Alec at this time is that he leaves on Vacation at noon tomorrow. It was again after 4:00 when I punched out.

When I pulled into the parking lot I was surprised to see our Car in the spot where a Pickup that was in our spot is assigned to park. Kathy had just gotten home from visiting our dear friend Vera who can’t wait to go out to dinner again soon. It wasn’t until she walked in the Apartment that she saw my Phone sitting there. That’s when she realized why I hadn’t called her.

We were both too tired to cook so we went out to Harvey’s. We used a Coupon and both had Angus Burgers with Onion Rings for supper.

We are hoping to get our On-Line Banking issues fixed tomorrow.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You have to go outside to get something out of the 'fridge.

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully banking issue is an easy fix. I'm sure you'll do great these next few weeks

    ReplyDelete