It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, September 26, 2022

Continual Touch-Ups, Rebuilds and Good Timing.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

By 7:00 this morning I’d already repaired Two smaller Feedscrews and was busy setting up a Third in the Plasma Transfer Arc Welder. It felt strange that the Overhead Doors were actually being kept closed today. Minutes before I was about to turn on the Burners I had Two more Feedscrews waiting for my delicate touch. I was just about finished the second batch of touch-ups when one of the Polishers got carried away on my first job of the day. Oops!

I actually had time to sit for my first break while snacking and filling out the job sheet so the Book-Keeper would know which jobs to charge for my time. It was another hour before I’d completed all the Touch-Ups and some were already being packaged for shipment to the Costumers.

Back to the PTA the Burner was doing Two Jobs at once. The first being preheating the Feedscrew and the second melting the Plastic Residue that had not been cleaned off. The welding started just before Noon and finished by 3:30. Because this was a Rebuild you could not just set the Machine to do the work and walk away. It required constant adjustments on the Numbers and keeping it on track using the Anode Controllers. By the time it was packed away in the Sandbox for the night and Mile showed me a couple more touch-ups he wanted me to work on in the morning it was 4:02 before I punched out.

It started Raining when I got home.

Having worked through my Lunch Break and simply snacking while keeping the job going I didn’t have the chance to call Kathy. Using the Hands-Free feature in the Truck I let her know that I was still alive and on my way home.

For supper we finished the Leftover Stir-Fry as Veggie Wraps along with Chocolate Pudding Cups for dessert.

A little Windy.

We receive advanced Notices every time the Contractors in the building might be shutting off the Water, Power or Elevators. We received one saying the Water would be off temporarily on Wednesday which also happened to be the day for Mary from Healthy Heals to come over. Just after the News Mary called wondering if Kathy would mind her coming a day early. That was Good Timing.

Since scrubbing on the Trailer on Saturday Kathy has been paying for it in the form of Body Pain. Even though it is much cooler outside having a warm shower at the end of the day makes us feel alive again.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Never be afraid to sit a while and think.

Lorraine Hansberry, African-American Female Author

No comments:

Post a Comment