It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Only One Off.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Deliberately going in an Hour early this morning I was able to move the Thirty Foot Feedscrew in place on the Plasma Transfer Arc Welder and make all the necessary adjustments to the Program before 7:00. One thing that is hard to believe is that not all these Flights have the same spacing between them as well as the angle so they are divided into Zones. Today’s Feedscrew had Six Zones to it and three of them required a variance. I had one wrong by .001 of an Inch. That is One/Thousands of an Inch. I’ve only got two more days to get this right.

I had the Torch cleaned, the Powder loaded in the bin and was starting the Preheat when Alec came in. After checking and making the correction we were just getting ready to start the welding when I got pulled to repair another Feedscrew. It took over Two Hours before I headed back to see how Alec was doing. At this point I’m only able to ask off the cuff questions rather then being a constant for learning. I understand if there is work that I was hired to do and the employer has the right to use me for that but on the other hand if I get stuck using the PTA while Alec is away on vacation they will only have themselves to blame.

I would be pulled Three more times to fill Pinholes in each of those Feedscrews and I’ve already been assigned another welding job for first thing tomorrow morning. We finished welding the Feedscrew that I started prepping at 6:00 by 3:30 but still had to bury it in the Sandbox to slow the cooling process. It should be ready to machine by Friday. It was after 4:00 when I punched out.

With the Traffic Congestion cause by Construction on the Parkway I’ve been coming up Walker Road. Taking that route in the morning would add Ten Minutes to my commute. By taking it during rush-hour I save Twenty Minutes.

It was close to 5:00 by the time I walked into the Apartment. After giving me a chance to rest Kathy cooked Salmon Fillets and Egg Rolls with Coleslaw as a side for our supper. It tasted wonderful.

Even though she was able to run some errands today she still cannot go On-Line to do our Banking tonight. Don’t you just love those Security Updates the Banks make to protect you but mess up your ability to manage your own finances. We’ll deal with that on Thursday.

With only a few warm days in the next week we are enjoying the thoughts of cooler temperatures.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Why shouldn’t you write with a broken pencil?


Because it’s pointless.

No comments:

Post a Comment