It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, September 2, 2022

A Whole New World.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

After talking to Jason before the start of the shift and getting myself ready I immediately started getting things in place to start working. The Feedscrew we would be working on for today was only Sixteen Feet long, Five Inches in diameter and weighed Three Thousand Pounds. I had it mounted in the Machine before changing the Hard Facing Powder on the Plasma Transfer Arc Welder. Just like yesterday when Alec checked the numbers on the program I had the same number incorrect because I forgot to add the Variance. Practice makes Perfect so I’ll just keep trying.

I’ve had Comments from different people happy that I landed this job but are not quite sure when I’m explaining different welding processes. I agree that it can be confusing and not only to those who have never welded before but even Experienced Welders themselves. Throughout my career I have seen changes in Welding procedures that scared the heck out of my Journeyman yet we the new Apprentices were being taught those advancing techniques. I had never heard of Plasma Transfer Arc Welding before coming to this company but today I am learning this new Advanced Technology. It’s a Whole New World out there.

Kathy looked out to see a Contractor's Van
next to our Car.

Here is another sign of the times. Look at shows that were just coming out when Television first hit the airwaves. They showed people going to Space, talking on Shoe Phones or Communicators, Computers that were the size of a house. We now have that in the form of Cell Phones today. George Jetson sat at a panel creating products at the touch of a button. Even Robots that were all Sci-Fi then have become our reality today. We are creating Electricity with Solar Panels and Wind Generators. Just imagine what our Grandchildren will see in their lifetimes.

Kathy proved that she does eat when I go to work.

I was referred to as a Master Welder today because of my ability to do such fine detailed work. I laughed and pointed to Alec saying he was the Master Welder for his ability to run such a complicated Machine. We all laughed and continued working together. It was after 4:00 by the time we buried the hot Feedscrew in the Sandbox.

Kathy had been busy running errands all day and waited for me to turn on the Air Conditioner when I got home. The Weather Networked showed that it felt like 91 F (33 C) this afternoon with little wind even on the Eighth Floor.

Extra Shredded Mozzarella Cheese.

We shared a Modified Store Bought Thin Crust Hawaiian Pizza for supper tonight.

We are not making any Plans (because they never happen) for this weekend but want to try to do certain things.

We also had to shut the AC around 9:30 because we were starting to freeze.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You know you’re getting old when you enjoy hearing about other people's operations.

2 comments:

  1. It speaks well of you that you are open to learning new technics in your field.

    I follow a financial channel on YouTube called "I Allegedly" and tonight when you mentioned your air conditioner I recalled something he said about Canada that made me think of you guys.

    He said rents are going way up and if your apartment rental included utilities soon they no longer would.

    He has followers from all over the world, not just in the USA but also Canada, the UK, Australia, Poland, and a lot of other countries who always send him information about their country's banking and real estate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a big difference in your experiences on this job as opposed to the last one. And it sounds like you are being appreciated for a change!!! Yea. Your last boss should read your blog. Ha.

    ReplyDelete