It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Unplanned Repairs and Another Two Pie Meal.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

After getting ready to do my Morning Walk Around I barely started walking along the Paint-Line when Paul waved me over. I’ve mentioned how this building was built back in the Nineteen Twenties. Well one of the mechanisms used for opening the Windows just below the Roof got hit by a Forklift shortly after I left last evening. It didn’t take long to have it removed and brought back to the Maintenance Compound. The Crank and the Shaft coming out of the Gearbox were both badly bent. After taking everything apart and using the torch it didn’t take long before everything was back looking nice and straight. Strange the looks I was getting from most of the Forklift Drivers as I was reinstalling it.

After doing a quick check to see if any Carriers were in need of repairs I returned to the Compound to drill the holes in all the Plastic Piping that will be added to the Manifold Link this coming weekend. Still not finding any Carriers to work on I glued the Fittings on the same Pipes that are now ready to be installed. I was then able to modify a few more Shields that will also be installed this coming weekend.

Paul stopped by asking when I was considering working on the Privacy Mesh along the residential side Fence. Since I had prepped for it yesterday it was a matter of waiting for no Rain and no Breakdowns. I spent the next Two Hours using Electrical Ties to refasten the Mesh to only about Half the Fence. The big issue was avoiding the effects of the Barbed Wire that was only inches from my hands. We’ll keep working on it as time permits.

When I stopped for my lunch a Package that was on the Workbench showed only the Plastic Fittings had been delivered for the Balancing Tube between Section 7 and Section 8 but there was no Stainless Steel Nipple.

When I spoke to Kathy she was enjoying the moderate weather even having the Balcony Door open for a breeze.

Heading back inside I met Paul who was standing there with a plastic bag containing the Four Inch Stainless Steel Nipple we had ordered. The first deliveryman had left it on the Counter and since it was the most important part a second deliveryman had to bring it. I was so happy I immediately cut it in Half.

I continued working on the Shields until Avry informed me at 3:00 we’d be installing the Balancing Tube because the Washer was shut down. Unfortunately after getting set up to cut the holes using the Plasma Cutter the only available Air Supply was across the room and the Forklifts would be running over the air hose. When using a Plasma Cutter that simple interruption could destroy the Torch. Paul came out showing me where there were Air Lines but none of them were set up to supply Air to tools. That will be changed this weekend. I asked Avry who had ordered us to make the installation when they knew there would be Parts being unloaded for the next Two Hours. He answered “Kharen”. I punched out at 4:00.

Back at the Apartment while I got my supplies ready Kathy warmed up the Leftover Chicken Pot Pie for supper and served the Leftover Strawberry/Rhubarb Pie for dessert. Our second Two Pie Meal this week but we didn’t mind.

As soon as we finished eating I took my shower so that I was nice and clean before filling our Pill Doucettes for the next Forty-Five Days.

The 6 o’clock Local News didn’t report 38 New Coronavirus Cases in the Windsor/Essex Region just talking about the week of Rain heading our way.

The Weather Network showed our Humidex felt like 68F (20 C).

I can only imagine what I’ll be doing tomorrow.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

What’s a foot long and slippery?


A slipper.

No comments:

Post a Comment