It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, October 11, 2021

A Different Kind Of Thanksgiving.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Even though the rest of our Canadian family and friends would be celebrating Thanksgiving because the Plant’s Customers are mainly US based companies we were not. As the workers came in the door it just looked like a normal day so that is what I convinced myself and went about my normal routine.

After the Morning Walk Around inspection there was another water leak to find under the Washer. It appeared someone had left a Water Hose slightly open causing the puddle on the floor. Everything that we had worked on during our time Saturday was care-free and no Leaks.

With no Carriers to repair I started cutting and threading the Two Inch Steel Pipes. The only Tools for this job in the Plant are all powered by human strength not a motorized unit. By my first break Paul the Owner came in to inform me that there would be a small celebration in the Lunch Room at 2:00 for everyone. We discussed what I had been told on the weekend and he assured me I was doing the job. I mentioned supplies would be needed but that could wait until tomorrow when the Vendors would be open.

Having repeatedly asked for certain supplies I managed to find materials that with a little shaving here and there created the Three Inch to Two Inch Reducer that will be used to repair the leak on the Number One Pump. The only bad part is that it will have to be pulled from the Tank temporarily making it another weekend job.

Talking to Kathy during my lunch break I told her about the small celebration and she told me to enjoy myself.

I went about making a Support Frame for the Drip Tray Wings and stopped at 2:00 only to find nothing going on at the moment in the Lunch Room. I checked again at 2:45 then at 3:35 after finishing the Frame. The Line Workers still had a Half Hour before they were finished. I could have found something to do but instead loaded my belongings in the Truck and headed for home.

Kathy was surprised to see me so early but I preferred being with her. We had Garden Salad along with a couple of slices of Fried Honeyed Ham for supper along with a Yogurt Cup and a slice of Chocolate Cake for dessert.

Since today was the Canadian Thanksgiving the 6 o’clock Local News was pre-empted so there were no New Coronavirus Cases in the Windsor/Essex Region reported today.

The Weather Network showed our Humidex felt like 93 F (34 C) earlier this afternoon.

While working on my Computer this evening I somehow managed to move my Task Bar to the Side and when I tried to fix it ended up with another problem on my documents. I’ve already lost an Hour trying to fix it but it will now have to wait until tomorrow. I may be handy technically but am not that Tech Savy.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Why was the horse so happy?


Because he lived in a stable environment.

2 comments:

  1. Dinner certainly looks yummy! I wonder what happened to the 2 o'clock celebration?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that is truly weird. The 2PM celebration I mean. You're going to be able to write a book when when you're through with this one.

    ReplyDelete