It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, October 14, 2021

Answer, Repairs and 131st Donation.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

When I walked into the Plant this morning Paul was already walking around and there was a New Padlock on the Maintenance Compound. When I headed to the Office to get the Key he stopped me to pass on a theory he’d had last night. What if the Security Cameras didn’t pick up the Culprit breaking in because he didn’t come through the doors or windows. Answer to that was he came from the side of the building with no Cameras got on the roof and entered through the Roof Hatch that was not secured and could easily be opened. That made sense and gave me another project to do today.

I had just completed my Morning Walk Around and repaired a single Carrier when one of the Forklift Operators informed me of a Damaged Electrical Panel. With the forecast of Rain in the next few days it had to be repaired because it seems to be the place where the roof is still leaking. Gathering what Tools I needed I was in the process of removing the Face Panel when Paul came along. I thought for certain he’d be furious but then he admitted to stacking Racks too close and casing the damage himself. I simply assured him it could be fixed and went about doing just that. Kharen stuck his head in the Compound but saw what I was doing and left without saying a word. The Panel looks like it did Forty Years ago but the Mounting Brackets will have to be straightened on the weekend.

I then headed up to the Mezzanine and to the Roof Hatch. Someone had tied it shut using a Rope to the Ladder just to give it some security. Taking what measurements I could while standing on that vertical Ladder and using a Flashlight left room for error.

I started gathering materials to make a Latching System when Kharen returned. Since I didn’t finish all the Carriers yesterday because of the Fence Repair he wanted them done before anything else. When I mentioned making the Roof Hatch Latch he repeated before anything else. That took another Hour of which brought me to my lunch.

When I spoke to Kathy she was having a good day reorganizing her side of the Bedroom Closet again.

I finished making the Latch on the Workbench but will have to weld parts to the Hatch as well bolting the rest to the Frame where the Ladder is fastened in the morning.

When I got home the first thing I did was go directly to the shower. It’s amazing how I smell the chemicals from the Plant on my Clothes as well as my person before I get cleaned up. We were out the door before 4:30.

Having just made my Blood Donation.

Our destination was the Canadian Blood Services (Former Red Cross) building on Grand Marais. Since the start of Coronavirus Lock-Downs they have only taken Blood Donations by appointment making the process extremely quick. From the time I walked in filled in the Questionnaire had my Interview and made my 131st Donation I was back at the Car in less then a Half Hour.

We went to Wendy’s Drive-Thru where we ordered their Chicken Wraps, Small Chocolate Frosties and Seniors Soft Drinks for our supper.

We missed the beginning of the 6 o’clock Local News where they normally report on the Coronavirus Cases in the Windsor/Essex Region.

The Weather Network showed our Humidex felt like 93 F (34 C) early this afternoon.

We just made it back to the Apartment on time when it started Raining. It should continue throughout the day tomorrow.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Motel 6 turns off the lights when they see you coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment