It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, October 30, 2021

By Myself.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Even though it was an Hour past our normal bedtime last night I made up for it by getting to sleep in by an Hour this morning. Being Saturday meant starting for 8:00.

When I arrived Ivan along with other Forklift Drivers were already there so they could Car-Pool to the Ministry for their testing. It would involve watching the newest Informational Video, completing a Written Test then performing the Driving Test. I figured that was the last of the Drivers I would see for the day.

Even before 8:00 I’d gone to the Mezzanine and climbed the obstacle course to where the Water Valve that would shut the Water to the Washers was tucked away. Back to the Maintenance Compound I brought out the Two Boxes that had been prepared yesterday. The first I dropped where the Balancing Tube was located the second where the Valves were that needed to be replaced. Immediately the Cleaning Crew were complaining about no Water. It was hard to make them understand they needed to bleed the pressure for me by using what was there.

I returned to the Balancing Tube to clean and prep the Tube. I’ve repaired this for the last Two Weekends but it seems people don’t know what not filling the Tank means. The Glue requires Twenty-Four Hours with no Water or it will not take. I would make Three Glue Applications before leaving today to be certain it will take.

When it came time to cracking the Line where the Two Valves needed to be replaced I had to borrow one of the cleaners for all of a minute. Sometimes an extra set of hands is needed. Even with the Water Pressure gone the Line was still draining so I had to have the New Parts ready to go in the moment the Old Parts were removed to minimize the flood. That also meant I was getting quite wet. After turning the Water to the Washers back on along with the Balancing Tube it wasn’t even 10:00 when I started my next job.

I had replaced the Hinges on Two Tank Covers but now with no Line Workers around I could safely weld them to the Washer Tanks without giving anyone a Welding Flash. First I had to remove the old broken Hinges from the Tanks. That was completed by 11:00.

After double checking the Balancing Tube I gathered more Tools to go up to the Mezzanine. There were Two Exhaust Fans whose Belts were about to give out that needed replacing. The first went fairly well until I looked down at the Fan Cover on the end of the Electric Motor. It seemed that a lot of debris was filling the side vents that help the Motor stay cool. Removing the Fan Cover I was surprised to find it full. Since it was close to lunch I brought it to the Compound and removed over Half a Dustpan of Oily Debris that could easily have caught on fire.

I spoke with Kathy while having my lunch. She had just completed going through the Old Files and was thinking out loud of what we could have for supper. That made it hard for me to think about the job because I was already drooling.

Back on the Mezzanine there was more cleaning to do on the first Exhaust Fan before moving to the second. This Motor was mounted Pulleys down but the build up of Debris in the Fan Cover was just as bad. It was past 2:30 when I finally headed downstairs.

When I heard my name mentioned I turned to see Ivan. He knew what I had planned on doing but it was getting too late to start that. Instead we worked together filling the Water Tanks to a level that would not affect the Glue on the Balancing Tube. By the time I cleaned up my Tools and loaded them in the Truck it was 3:30 when I punched out.

Kathy was happy to see me home before 4:00. We talked before she set about getting supper ready. We had Spare Ribs with Asparagus and Rice for sides along with Carbonated Juice for our drink as well as a Yogurt Cup for dessert.

The 6 o’clock Local News was broadcasted from London and didn’t even report anything about the Coronavirus anywhere let alone for the Windsor/Essex Region.

The Weather Network showed that with the continued Wind and Rain our high temperature today only felt like 48 F (9 C). They also showed that we could be getting some Flurries along with Freezing Temperatures in the next week. Way too early for that.

Looking forward to spending my day off with the one that “I Love”.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Your favourite fruit is chicken.

1 comment: